Yorkshire Pudding.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
A comment by @ukzero1 on another thread got me thinking.......
I'll be coming home to wifey's Yorkshires. (y)
reading it implies that they are the small individual ones......

1544132699238.png
These to me are an abomination and just don't cut it I'm afraid :poop: Controversial coming from a born and bread Londoner, yet alone one that now lives in Yorkshire but to me a Yorkshire Pudding has always been done in a big dish so that a slab is cut from it and served on your plate.........

1544133102921.png
That's my take on it, what's yours? ;)

drw

Site Supporter
Peter I’ve been married 34 years and the standing joke in our house is that the missus has never cooked 2 the same ! 😀😀😀

biggsy

Site Supporter
Large round ones were my dads favourites until the council took out all the big ovens.
Then the trays wouldn't fit in the gas cooker so it's always been two trays of 4 for me unless it's toad in hole

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Im 51 nearly 52 and according to my mum Ive been eating Yorkshire pudding since before I can remember. Dad says ...... thats because Yorkshire pudding is all your mum can cook. In Barnsley a Yorky pud was always square / rectangular. Never small and round. We used to eat a decent portion on a plate with gravy BEFORE we had our dinner. Then if there was any left we would have the rest with our beef dinner smothered in gravy. Hey, thinking about it, werent we posh in Barnsley. We had a starter before our dinner. Or were we just greedy bloats ? 👍

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
That's what the Yorkshire Pudding was made for - a starter to fill you up cheaply before the more expensive main course :)

The idea being once you filled up on puds, you wouldn't want such a big dinner

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That's what the Yorkshire Pudding was made for - a starter to fill you up cheaply before the more expensive main course :)

Mmmmmmmm. Didnt work on me and dad. We just ate more. 😆😆😆😆👍👍

Scribe

Site Supporter

Hmmm filled up ? :unsure: Not sure what the phrase means. :LOL:

Scribe

Site Supporter
Although the individual one's may seem small ,there is no restriction on how many you can pile on your plate
Is that the leaning tower of york(ies) I have heard about ? I must go back to Yorkshire it's been far too long since I was last there.:)

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Always had a lump of a square one before the main meal on a Sunday when I lived in Yorkshire and still do now,there was a pub near us that made seasoned Yorkshire Pud on a Sunday lunchtime and cut it into squares to put on the bar,lovely with a pint of Tetleys.

Total

Site Supporter

Did it make any difference to you?:censored::geek::D

eric.A

Site Supporter
Remove roast beef from roasting dish to stand pour in pudding mix with chopped onion cook eat with gravy first then main meal

feldri

Site Supporter
When I was a kid Yorkshire puddings my mum made were rectangular and I always got my piece as a dessert with treacle on it, and I'm Lincolnshire born and bred.