Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluenose75

Had a play on the Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall this morning, set up not far from Wood Lane, had a pint of mixed maggots and some sweet corn, twin red far bank straight into a big tench!! Then had a few small silvers and a few perch, moved to the margins and pulled a cracking bream!! Never really tried the corn, enjoyed the session, not banging the out as often as would have liked but was happy with the two lumps.

Had no scales!! Any guesses at the weights? Added a bait container to assist.

Cheers

Paul

crowder

Would give the Tench 4lb and the Bream 3-4lb maybe?

Either way mate, if i caught some fish as good looking as that i wouldnt care how much they weighed [:D]

Nice on mate [:T]

kcon123

I would say tench- 3lb bream-2 1/2lb
I have that net[^] nearly lost it recently, but 10 minutes later and up to my neck in water I got it[:eek:)]

BM Angler

Yeah the tinca may go 3lb, bream about 2 and a half ... who cares though mate, nice fish, good session, nice one!

T K

Bum Draw Master
Hiya Bluenose - glad to hear you are still having a few tugs [:T]

I'd hazard a guess at around 3.5lb the tinca and 3 the bream - but was that a 2 pint bait box or 1/2 pint [:D] [:p]

Seriously though I'm rubbish at guestimating - last match down Wood Lane I had a tinca that I thought went around 3lb came in at 4lb 9oz on the beam scales and my other 'bonus' fish of a 2lb bream went 3lb.

Also pickies can be so deceptive at times - seen bona fide 6lb'ers (bream)out of there that only appear to be about 3lb on camera

Tight lines, keep us posted with your exploits [:T]

groundhog

Life Survivor
[:)] Nice Brace of fish, but from experience the water is capable of much more.
[:D][:D][:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.