Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall

T K

Bum Draw Master
Club cards for the new 2019/2020 season (commencing 16th June) are now available to members, still just £5 for the year

T K

Bum Draw Master
Thanks to those members renewing their membership (y)

Meanwhile, member Gaz Flint had a few tugs on Friday morning. The picture doesn't do the bream justice as it was estimated to be 5.5 - 6lbreceived_459678244801442.jpeg

T K

Bum Draw Master
Mr V.jpgSteve Cope's Express and Star report of last weekends club match

The hottest day of the year so far on Saturday and still conditions led to weights being down from the preceding weeks impressive catches on the Wyrley & Essington Canal on Pelsall Common at the Cashmores MG match. Drawn on peg 9 to the side of the junction with the Cannock Extension Canal, Paul Vernon pole fished dead red maggots for a trio of tench plus small skimmers for 8 - 8 - 0. Runner up, Barry Broadhurst poled chopped worm off peg 6, at the other side of the junction, catching another three tench, although he lost one which could have made all the difference, plus small perch to scale 6 - 1 - 9. Third place went to Dennis Jeffery who put 5 - 1 - 0 onto the scales, comprising of one tench, roach and rudd snared on poled punch bread on peg 2, further along the common

T K

Bum Draw Master
Doggers AC had a small club match on the section between the Fingerpost pub and the junction on Sunday last. Steve Griffiths ran out comfortable winner with 12lb but would have been chased home harder by 2nd placed Gaz Flint who put 5lb 8oz of silvers on the scales but who sadly got seen off by a couple of tincas

S G 12lb.jpg

Hi TK,

Money will be in the post for this years permit. Probably buy the cannock extension as well as its always worth the money.

I had a bash on the W&E last weekend. There was plenty of action, with roach and rudd coming thick and fast to my bread flake - pinched on and float fished 18 hook. A couple of tincas came along and made for exciting catches on 4lb hook length. The first caught me off guard and wrap me round
the lillies. Had to sit and wait five mins, before he came back out of the tangles. Weighed the latter at 3.5 lbs.

DSCF0180.JPG

DSCF0182.JPG