Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
Blast from the past. On hot sunny days when the fish weren't going to have it, I used to walk my dog along the finger post stretch, fish cruising along the whole section.

Had some cracking Tench and Bream out of there and further along behind the market we used to have some brilliant Roach fishing in the winter. Happy days.

Reactions: T K

T K

Bum Draw Master
Local angler Steven Griffiths showed his prowess on our Wyrley & Essington Canal yesterday in extremely hot and bright sunshine - it was Steve.jpghardly Mr Crabtree conditions - managing to put this net together

T K

Bum Draw Master
Rugeley angler Richard Cartwright paid our canal a first visit yesterday and was soon rewarded with this stunning looking fish that took the scales round to 12lb. Nice one RichardRichard Cartwright.jpg

T K

Bum Draw Master
A little bit of action this evening as a smiling member Matty D hooks...................and nets.........SAM_2394.JPGSAM_2395.JPGSAM_2396.JPGSAM_2397.JPG........tinca no 8

T K

Bum Draw Master
Notice of upcoming club match

Sun 12th Aug The Common - Bridgetown Social AC (20 pegs)

Members are requested to respect the pegging of this bona fide match - there's plenty of remaining canal for pleasure anglers - thanks

T K

Bum Draw Master
Our canal features in this month's (September) edition of Pole Fishing magazine. Just a reminder to qualify things, annual club cards, running from June 16th each year are available from myself (contact details etc on the first page of this topic) for just £5 for the year

T K

Bum Draw Master
For those of you who haven't managed to pick up a copy of the mag yet, here's a few screen dumps of pictures that the magazine sent to me to whet your appetites......

PF 1.JPGPF 2.JPGPF 3.JPGPF 4.JPGPF 5.JPGPF 6.JPG

T K

Bum Draw Master
Any MD'ers who used to deliberately view this topic would remember that I used to post quite a few pictures to give a 'flavour' of the canal via the host 'Photobucket'. Sadly all those images on the previous 14 pages 'vanished' when I didn't take up Photobuckets options and cough up 400 sovs or so to them.

I've stumbled across a data stick holding some of the images which I'll start drip feeding onto here as they may be of some interest to 'new' viewers.......

Starting with a pickie of Si Nickless from a few years ago with a cracking bag of bremes from down the wides

100_1302.JPG

Fished the Pelsall stretch at the weekend. Apart from the wind, rain, and odd crazed motorbike rider it was a good session.

The bream seem to be waking up now, and a few modest sized ones took my bread flake.

Lots of tiny fry feeding near last years reeds were a bit of a nuisance, but eventually more ample fish turned up.

I've hopes of some tincas the next time I go down. may be even try for a carp in a week or two, if i can get up early enough.

Reactions: T K

T K

Bum Draw Master
Cheers for the update Lobworm, hope to catch up with you bagging again 🐟🐟🐟

I had a float fishing session down the cut this evening after work.

After picking up some nice roach I scaled up my rig for my 'hoping for lucky carp hour' as the day light started to fade.

I started on sweet corn and got few nibbles, but no more. Then swapped back to my fav bread flake and soon pulled out this 5.5 lb Bream. Now fully slimed and with the weather getting colder, I headed for home. Carp can wait for another warmer evening.

T K

Bum Draw Master
Thanks for the report Lobworm, nice fish, pleased to hear you are having a few tugs despite it still being cold