Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall

Tantric Socks

Site Supporter
Blast from the past. On hot sunny days when the fish weren't going to have it, I used to walk my dog along the finger post stretch, fish cruising along the whole section.

Had some cracking Tench and Bream out of there and further along behind the market we used to have some brilliant Roach fishing in the winter. Happy days.

T K

Bum Draw Master
Local angler Steven Griffiths showed his prowess on our Wyrley & Essington Canal yesterday in extremely hot and bright sunshine - it was Steve.jpg hardly Mr Crabtree conditions - managing to put this net together

T K

Bum Draw Master
Rugeley angler Richard Cartwright paid our canal a first visit yesterday and was soon rewarded with this stunning looking fish that took the scales round to 12lb. Nice one Richard Richard Cartwright.jpg

T K

Bum Draw Master
A little bit of action this evening as a smiling member Matty D hooks...................and nets......... SAM_2394.JPG SAM_2395.JPG SAM_2396.JPG SAM_2397.JPG ........tinca no 8

T K

Bum Draw Master
Notice of upcoming club match

Sun 12th Aug The Common - Bridgetown Social AC (20 pegs)

Members are requested to respect the pegging of this bona fide match - there's plenty of remaining canal for pleasure anglers - thanks

T K

Bum Draw Master
Our canal features in this month's (September) edition of Pole Fishing magazine. Just a reminder to qualify things, annual club cards, running from June 16th each year are available from myself (contact details etc on the first page of this topic) for just £5 for the year

T K

Bum Draw Master
For those of you who haven't managed to pick up a copy of the mag yet, here's a few screen dumps of pictures that the magazine sent to me to whet your appetites......

PF 1.JPG PF 2.JPG PF 3.JPG PF 4.JPG PF 5.JPG PF 6.JPG

T K

Bum Draw Master
Any MD'ers who used to deliberately view this topic would remember that I used to post quite a few pictures to give a 'flavour' of the canal via the host 'Photobucket'. Sadly all those images on the previous 14 pages 'vanished' when I didn't take up Photobuckets options and cough up 400 sovs or so to them.

I've stumbled across a data stick holding some of the images which I'll start drip feeding onto here as they may be of some interest to 'new' viewers.......

Starting with a pickie of Si Nickless from a few years ago with a cracking bag of bremes from down the wides

100_1302.JPG