Wyrley & Essington Canal Pelsall

T K

Bum Draw Master
A few smiling faces after Saturdays club match on a windswept canal which made presentation, and fishing itself, impossible at times.....

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'm still wanting 3 licences old timer [;)]

T K

Bum Draw Master
I did pop down the canal an hour or two after you woke me up [:p] last weekend but didn't spot you

Did you have any tugs?[:W]

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Originally posted by T K

I did pop down the canal an hour or two after you woke me up [:p] last weekend but didn't spot you

Did you have any tugs?[:W]
Plenty of tugs but nothing on the bank [:I]

My lad had a bloody huge Perch follow his spinner a few times, gills flared but it just wouldn't take it, he was going insane trying to get it to bite [:D][:D]

We fished the bit between the first bridge and the junction, nearly ended up having a word with one of the local ar*eholes who was riding a scrambler around, old fella was walking his dog (which i think was as old as him!) and he said "be careful my dog's there" and this youth stops and gives him a gobful of abuse about "not being f**king blind" and "old b**tards like you should be in a home" etc.

I stood up, my lad guessed what was coming, came over and stood next to me and as we started to walk towards the bridge the youth shot off, we checked the old fella was ok and got back to fishing.

About 10 minutes later an old chap turns up in a car and unloads a gorgeous radio control boat, a beauty that had obviously had a lot of work put into it...so we had something to look at while we were all blanking [:D][:D]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Notice of match

Sun 16th July Wood Lane - Dana AC (20 pegs)

Members are requested to respect the pegging of this bona fide match - there's plenty of remaining canal for pleasure anglers - thanks

T K

Bum Draw Master
Apart for announcements - match bookings and annual permit applications etc, this topic is sadly a little quiet since Photobucket decided to charge quite considerable fees to host pictures relating to the canal.

The club now has a fb page in which some of the old photos and new ones going forward will feature - search Cashmores & Harrisons AC on fb for more info

T K

Bum Draw Master
New club cards for the season commencing 16th June are now available - still only £5 for the year

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Just to show TK how easy posting a picture is on here, copied and pasted straight off the Cashmores & Harrisons AC FB page.:thumbsup:
1526145553898.png

T K

Bum Draw Master
Cashmores MG Club Match - Sat 12th May - 17 fished 'The Common'

Plenty of tench with occasional large bream had shown to pleasure anglers during the week along the length so expectations were high today as double figure nets are usually needed to win the clubs matches on the waters.

However some members struggled as the fish were not in a so obligatory mood on the day.

Finding plenty of small silver's to his punch and pinkie baits, Paul Vernon on peg 2 near Wood Lane put 5 - 5 - 0 on the scales to narrowly ounce out Carl Dickson off peg 7 who included a small tench in his weight of 5 - 3 - 9. Inbetween on peg 4 Daz Williams landed an early bream that boosted his small silver's net to 4 - 6 - 12 for third place.

T K

Bum Draw Master
Thanks to those members who've renewed their club cards with me over the past couple of days

T K

Bum Draw Master
A couple of our members ventured out last week down the Wood Lane section. Member Steven Griffiths had a few tugs, netting 5 tincas, a breme and a few lb of silvers, including this clonking rudd that went 1lb plus (I saw it caught, shame the photo doesn't do it justice)

T K

Bum Draw Master
Notice of upcoming club matches

Sun 3rd June Wood Lane/Common - Dana AC (20 pegs)

Sun 10th June Common - Bridgetown Social AC (20 pegs)

Members are requested to respect the pegging of these bona fide matches - there's plenty of remaining canal for pleasure anglers - thanks

T K

Bum Draw Master
A recent 17lb winning net of tincas from a small club match along with theSteve a.jpgSteve b.jpg 3rd place 11lb net

T K

Bum Draw Master
Notice of upcoming club matches

Sun 1st July Wood Lane/Common - Bridgetown Social AC (20 pegs)

Members are requested to respect the pegging of these bona fide matches - there's plenty of remaining canal for pleasure anglers - thanks