Wyrley Essington Canal-Pelsall Piking

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrV

Yorkshire exile
Site Supporter
Sunday 19th December. Interested parties please start a list below and we will get things rolling. [:T]
If you search Pelsall on the google maps and follow the canal from there to the A5 trunk road, you will see all the cut, as well as the Cannock extension canal which branches off it in the middle of Pelsall common.

If its frozen over, we could always get day tickets on the local Trent, Severn or Avon [;)]

T K

Bum Draw Master
MrV - if frozen, talk nicely to MGB and he might do a bit of icebreaking on his boat for you [;)]

stymie

Provisionally say yes although very close to my works busiest time of year so may not make it.

MrV

Yorkshire exile
Site Supporter
Originally posted by common_carp

any update on this????
Its deffo on that weekend. Not had time to get on here for last few days. Will sort out a sat nav location/postcode, and stick it up for you later [:T]

How about meeting here for a nice truckers brekkie. Canal 10 minutes away [:D] Lets say half eight to nine
The Truckers Rest
A5 Cannock:WS11 1SF

Last edited:

T K

Bum Draw Master
If its of any use MrV, WS3 5AA is the bottom of Wood Lane for the Wyrley & Essington

WS3 5AS (The Yates Ind Est) is the nearest postcode I can locate in Lime Lane if you planned to meet just over the New Road Bridge in Lime Lane if you intended to chase old Essox Lucius on The Cannock Extension Canal

Last edited:

T K

Bum Draw Master
Oooooops - crossed edited post [:I]

[:W]

T K

Bum Draw Master
Sorry for confusing things Common Carp [:I]

As MrV is 'calling the shots' on this one - I'd meet at his Truckers cafe (WS11 1SF) - besides after a drive you may fancy a brew and a bit of banter in the warmth before hitting the towpath [:T]

Just use the postcodes I posted for a 'zoom in' at the cut(s)on your sat maps [;)]

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
still about 1hr and half drive... is there a street name or something for my sat nav???

MrV

Yorkshire exile
Site Supporter
Originally posted by common_carp

still about 1hr and half drive... is there a street name or something for my sat nav???
Just type WS11 1SF into your sat nav and the sat nav will take you right to the door [:)] It is Watling Street, but if you type that in it could take you anywhere between Mid Wales to Leicestershire and beyond
Type WS11 1SF into google maps and the red indicator points to the other side of the road opposite the cafe [:)]

Thoughts are to meet in the cafe, and depending on weather conditions, decide where we go fishing. I will pm you my mobile number so you can bell me for any further info. [:T]

Currently up for it:

MrV
KDG
Arky
Stymie (depending on work commitments)
Deano
newie
coldfeet
yuccaman (waiting on pm back)

Last edited:

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
out standing.. cant wait, thanks very much..

what options have we got reference venues???

Last edited:

MrV

Yorkshire exile
Site Supporter
If its frozen over, we could always get day tickets on the local Trent, Severn or Avon

stymie

Will try to get down Paul, organising cover is a real pain this time of year though. Lets hope this snow sods off by the 19th too eh!

Piker-Dave

aka Common_Carp
yuccaman cant go, the puffs grayling fishing...

good live baits mind you...

my opinion, with all this snow, come the 19th IF STILL ABOUT, and the melting will rise the rivers and they will be chucking though...

what about lakes???

Status
Not open for further replies.