Wroxham - Norfolk

matiny2k

Looking to do some general coarse fishing here over the next month. Are you able to fish ok in between the main road bridge and the railway bridge ? Is it worth doing and can you park ok ?

Thanks

Mat

Total

Site Supporter
Our member @Pompous git is your man. I beleive knows the area well. (y)......I Can't give you any up to date info' as I haven't fished the area for over 15 years. :(

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Roys department store has a huge free car park, you will find it in station road. The river that is quite close to the car park is several feet
deep and tidal but the flow is fairly placid {usually}. I fish it here in the summer and there is plenty of roach, never fished it in the winter
though. Quite a few big perch seen them with my own eyes and I`m told its a pike hotspot by the locals. Hoping be up there for the last
two weeks of the season, love the Bure.

Mr Bite

Missed a bite ???
Site Supporter
Is the tackle shop still in Wroxham ?

Think its about the only store not owned by Roys, unless it is now.

david white

Site Supporter
Is the tackle shop still in Wroxham ?

Think its about the only store not owned by Roys, unless it is now.
Only been there once last summer, purely a social but did pop my head into the tackle shop apparently the fishing is more than decent in the right winter conditions but the fish are prone to shoal up so worth an ask in the shop I guess

That ' Roy's ' is a long term and standing joke amoungst the locals who think it a great crack to get you to meet them at Roy's but I wouldn't mind 10% of his takings !!

BH88

Tackle shop was angling direct but has recently closed. Temporarily I’m told whilst they look for another premises.

nejohn

I was there late last year and the tackle shop was definitely closed, we rented a cottage for a few days that had river frontage but backed on to the boat yard on the downstream side of the bridge, the fishing was hard in the river but lots of roach in the boatyard