Worms and wormeries

markyboy

Does anyone use a wormery as a constant supply of dendras or do people buy what they use? Either way, where do you get your worms and/or wormeries from and how easy are dendras to store/breed?

62tucker

Site Supporter
Does anyone use a wormery as a constant supply of dendras or do people buy what they use? Either way, where do you get your worms and/or wormeries from and how easy are dendras to store/breed?
I have 4 wormerys. And they just supply me with about 20 a day to feed my sons 4 pet perch.

Zerkalo

Never done it properly, something I'd like to do, but I remember having a compost bin in the garden that worked quite well.

RedRidingHood

Site Supporter
I don't think I'd ever buy worms at the current prices in tackle shops - They're really expensive for what they are and how easy it is to get them.
My grandad has a compost bin which gives him a lifetime supply of them, Just an insane amount of worms, I've recently been thinking about doing the same.

As kids we used to just sprinkle soapy water on the grass of our gardens a few days prior to going fishing. Used to work really well.

Aston_fisher

Site Supporter
I'm lucky enough to have a farm shop near me that sells fresh worms so I buy a kilo from there, bout £15 I think.

I do have a wormery as well but I reckon the little buggers have found a way out :ROFLMAO:

Silverfisher

It is something I've thought about given that as its been said they are so expensive too buy and can be a faff to collect. Problem is I don't think I'd be very popular round the house if there was a constant bucket of worms in the garage or garden.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Fishing Talk 0
Godber Fishing Talk 15
Zerkalo Bait Talk 6
G Bait Talk 4
F Bait Talk 4