world record carp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

T'is dead,deceased........... the carp is no more, a week afetr being caught it as popped its clogs and at over 40 kilos of fish I think obesity may well have been the problem.

Ady

Formerly Adymon
Stress of the capture maybe? Infact theres a chance if its in the angling press now that it died much sooner after the capture than we realise, maybe almost immediately...can take a while to find a dead Carp even one of that size in large waters.

Last edited:

joe32

This fish died(or was found dead)9 days after it's last capture.
Although with the amount of presure swim 19 at rainbow gets I am suprised it has lasted this long.

Don

Originally posted by joe32

This fish died(or was found dead)9 days after it's last capture.
Although with the amount of presure swim 19 at rainbow gets I am suprised it has lasted this long.
Joe it seems ( from your posting) that you know the fishery and the fish have you any idea how long it took the fish to get to 40 plus Kilos? From what I have read the same fishery as a couple (at least) of others weighing eighty pounds and over waiting in the wings.

The climate in France is not so far removed from say the southern parts of England so why dont our lakes produce such leviathans? Could it be they are being rared on a bulk building diet or is it just climate and a huge lake that supports such monsters?

I have to say the way the article I read about this fishes death was worded it didnt seem as though the fishery were too bothered by its demise which is a bit sad to say the least.

When whales are beached it is normally the pressure of their own body weight on their internal organs that kill them or damages them to the extent that they cannot survive;perhaps this carp is a victim of such an event? Its only speculation on my part but with it being such an exceptionaly heavy fish I daresay it could be a probable cause?

shaggy69

Shaggy69
It just goes to show what can happen to specimen fish if they are persued relentlessly,someone can correct me if i'm wrong but did'nt the same thing happen to the traveller,

crowder

The traveller was killed my otters/minks i think mate.[;)]

moe

I work for a well known fishing magazine (not editorial) and from what I can gather it was not found straight away it could have been dead a while before found. Yes it was a big fish but chances are it was probably natural causes.

CaRp Kidd

Speedy
Shame like but atleast the man knows now he will probaly have the world record for couple of years unless they grow super fast

gibby

With the amount of feed some carpers lob in, it probaly died of an obesity related illness. I would rather catch lean and mean wildies of a few pounds apiece than the pellet, boilie and nut stuffed fish on some waters

Enigma

Armchair Carper
What does your picture prove? If this bait was for one angler for a 24 or 48 hour session sure OTT. but what your image doesn't indicate that it maybe for 8 anglers on a week or fortnights session.

I think all you are trying to do is stir the bucket again with "those carp anglers and their 2 ton of bait"......

Does anyone know of they are going to autopsy the fish to find the cause of death?

A sad day for angling[V]

Originally posted by chrishowe425

wont take to long when this sort of bait is put in by a angler

chrishowe425

Originally posted by Enigma

What does your picture prove? If this bait was for one angler for a 24 or 48 hour session sure OTT. but what your image doesn't indicate that it maybe for 8 anglers on a week or fortnights session.

I think all you are trying to do is stir the bucket again with "those carp anglers and their 2 ton of bait"......

Does anyone know of they are going to autopsy the fish to find the cause of death?

A sad day for angling[V]

Originally posted by chrishowe425

wont take to long when this sort of bait is put in by a angler

the bait was for 1 angler for a week and that picture was taken after baiting a swim, i know this because i know the bloke .

im a carp angler myself so why would i want to stir anything ?

hamish

Barbel please!
It's a shame to hear about that just days after reading about its capture in the paper. But if i remeber correctly the bloke caught another giant fish of 69lb a few hours before that , and a few more over the 40lb mark. so there is obviously alot of big fish on the go in there. I think you've hit the nail on the head about the obesity problem though. For a fish of that size if it wasnt obesity that caused it's death then it was probably close to dieing from obesity.

Status
Not open for further replies.