Woodhouse Grange (Millionaire Micks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billynomates

I have heard various reports about this fishery and its bailiff, is it worth going to?

pool_fodder

I did fish it often but Tony the bailiff got me thinking I could do him some damage, he gave me some rubbish on the phone when I was ordering a breakfast last year, he sent my blood pressure sky high, it's raising now thinking about him. He can be nice but when he's bad he's very bad, he will get some one day. I have 2 matches this year I will stay out of his way and try to stay cool. I wouldn't bother if I was you, Lindholme, Bankend, Hayfield, Lodge farm are better and much more welcoming. I like to fish to relax and thats not the right place to do that.

pegasus

benny
the place itself is good but tony must have lost more customers through his attitude ive heard he`s been thrown in more than a few times, weve a few matches there this summer and tony knows too well that he`s to stay away cos weve got some ripe lads fishing with us.
i`d leave his breakfasts alone too there probably the worst you`ll ever have.
as for the fishery the ponds kingfisher kennel and cobble are good alround fishing ponds

Billynomates

I think that I will stay clear other than the match that we have booked this guy Tony sounds a total nightmare.

Craigo

To be fair - if you stayed away you'd miss out on some pretty good sport cos its a good fishery.

Tony has a bit of a reputation but he's never been too funny with me other than telling me off for fishing before I bought a day ticket (he wasn't around when I got there so fairs fair I reckon and he got paid in the end anyway).

I have heard him argue with other anglers but that cos they wanted to move pegs (not allowed on this fishery though and rules is rules so fair enough). On other occassions I've heard him argue with anglers but they are generally numpties who dont know how to handle the fish and stuff so good of Tony to point that out to em - they may not see it that way I suppose.

Ive never known him be funny with anybody if theyre ok with him - some people hear his reputation and look for trouble with him rather than use their own judgement.

He stipulates that if you want a breakfast you must order it - IMO I wouldn't bother cos its mingin anyway - have a brekkie at thorne marina cafe before going to woodhouse is my advice - lol

Make your own judgment Billy rather than listen to gossip cos you will miss out on some good fishing

pool_fodder

He was ok with me, he bought tackle from me and I thought he was a good bloke, but then he turned on me like a nasty dog for no reason other than he was stressed when I phoned for a breakfast. He shouldn't be around the public if he's nasty, you will hear him having a go at someone at least once during the days fishing, which to tell the truth I found funny until he turned on me. I wouldn't like to think he was running my fishery I had one, I know plenty that stay away because of Tony. I am glad he had a go on the phone and not to my face, I could have done something a would have regretted.
Billy go down and have a fish take a few grains of hemp and 2 or 3 cubes of meat and drop it on someones peg, you should get some good entertainment.
Good fishing is easy to find around Doncaster so you wouldn't be missing out not going to Woodhouse grange, you do normally have plenty of empty pegs and the fishing is usually good because of this, I wonder why when most other venues are full.

Last edited:

BIG BRY

Where abouts is this kingfisher (milloinaire micks) place,i hope its not the one i'm fishing this sunday

David C

We had a club match there 2 yrs ago, my mate asked for a breakfast (1st time there & we did'nt know you had to book one), got a fairly unpleasant reply, uncalled for really. Although the fishing was pretty good, we have'nt bothered going back.

missabite

Does the owner know about pleasant Tony? Or is pleasant Tony the owner [:0]

long rod

tomo
its off the A614, bawtry to hatfield woodhouse rd, if you come from bawtry end, go past lindholme prison, look for a sign on your right hand side, go up the lane, ponds are on your left and right, at the end, make sure you dip your net ! 1st of the 10 commandments !
"THOU SHALL DIP THOU NET " Or suffer the rath of tony !
we fished a match a month ago 33lb won, 27 second, 21, then i had 20.12 for 4th, that was on kingfisher, as you look at the pond with the house to your back, the left side is like fishing in a saucer ! its very shallow ! everybody on that side struggled, i for one, will not go again, its a scr*p yard ! and the usual 8-10 yards apart, 4' deep ! 32/33 pegs, and anymore than 20 of you and you'll stuggle !
tight lines !

mickaxon72

our club fished the kingfisher couple weeks ago. 54-12 won (me)peg 2 , 33-12 second peg 32, 32-08 third peg 24 , 31-05 fourth peg 4 , 26-11 peg 10 .winner caugth on floating pole with maggot tight to island , runner up caught on pole 14 m pellet , and third was on ground bait feeder tight to island maggot or corn on hook .
tony came across very funny when i asked about breakfasts ( which i had ordered ) and some lads in behind me forgot to order one and he made him sit and watch the rest of us eat .... would even knock up a bacon sarnie .
very good fihing though , will go back ..but will be eating else were !! as the food is rubbish . think he does it all in the deep fat fryer with bad oil , and its filthy in the cafe and toilets .

neilg

The Baldy Man
I think you are all being unfair to poor old Tony (My Pal),when you go tell him he uses Engine Oil to cook his food in ,and tell him i said so .IF YOU DARE

Status
Not open for further replies.