Woodhouse Grange (Millionaire Micks).

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
When @sly started catching, I was going to burst into song with "Baby Shark do do..dodo..." but the water looked a bit cold to go involuntary swimming.
@tipitinmick It was a pleasure meeting you sir, and enjoyed the company and banter, but when you tackled up 2 or 3 pegs away I thought it was my aftershave (or sly's perfume) :whistle: :LOL:. Hope you come along again soon mate. (y)
2 or 3 pegs on ? In my defence I was only the next peg on from Sly. It just so happens that there was a bridge between us. Fancy that. If it hadnt been for you two I dont think Id have enjoyed it at all. Like Sly mentioned earlier, there was a distinct unpleasant atmosphere in that cafe. 瞿21 we paid for that privilege Peter. I dont think Ill be rushing back. If you'll have me again Id love to drown a few with you both again. Ive sourced some earplugs by the way.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I've sourced some earplugs by the way.
Use soft hooker pellet mate, much cheaper. ;).

We said Hayfield was next stop in a couple of weeks but that might be on hold. Did you see the forecast I posted for that day? (message 53). Snow forecasted for Saturday, Sunday and Monday for that postcode. But will wait and see if that changes. I tried phoning them today to see if it was matched up but the line was busy (tried 4 times). Will try again tomorrow. (y)
Just to clarify if you are wondering, yes, sly and myself are like that no matter where we go. God help Hayfield if we get there.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Use soft hooker pellet mate, much cheaper. ;).

We said Hayfield was next stop in a couple of weeks but that might be on hold. Did you see the forecast I posted for that day? (message 53). Snow forecasted for Saturday, Sunday and Monday for that postcode. But will wait and see if that changes. I tried phoning them today to see if it was matched up but the line was busy (tried 4 times). Will try again tomorrow. (y)
Just to clarify if you are wondering, yes, sly and myself are like that no matter where we go. God help Hayfield if we get there.
I may sit at the other side of the lake then as I know the lady there at Hayfield can be worse than the lady at Woodhouse Grange. I got a telling off once for taking my mate some extra bait. She doesnt like you walking about thats for sure. How she will handle Sly remains to be seen. Good luck to the lady I say.

ukzero1

Site Supporter
I may sit at the other side of the lake then as I know the lady there at Hayfield can be worse than the lady at Woodhouse Grange. I got a telling off once for taking my mate some extra bait. She doesnt like you walking about thats for sure. How she will handle Sly remains to be seen. Good luck to the lady I say.
I was just on the Hayfield website, you are indeed correct as one of the rules is that there is no walking about once you get your peg sorted, that could be a problem. Perhaps another fishery is on the cards. Will see what @sly thinks.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I thought this so was so apt.... :D

1547591866105.png

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Phoned Hayfield this morning and it's matched up for that Sunday and a few Sundays after.

Phoenixicus

Account Locked
"In my defence I was only the next peg on from Sly. It just so happens that there was a bridge between us. Fancy that. "

On the bridge by Sly
To close my eyes at what I've seen

Under darkening skies
To Woodhouse Grange, that's where I've been
What did you do there? - I got high
What did you feel there? - Well I cried
But why the tears there? - I'll tell you why - yyyyy
It's all too beautiful, It's all too beautiful

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
"In my defence I was only the next peg on from Sly. It just so happens that there was a bridge between us. Fancy that. "

On the bridge by Sly
To close my eyes at what I've seen

Under darkening skies
To Woodhouse Grange, that's where I've been
What did you do there? - I got high
What did you feel there? - Well I cried
But why the tears there? - I'll tell you why - yyyyy
Ya lairy git

sly

Site Supporter
2 or 3 pegs on ? In my defence I was only the next peg on from Sly. It just so happens that there was a bridge between us. Fancy that. If it hadnt been for you two I dont think Id have enjoyed it at all. Like Sly mentioned earlier, there was a distinct unpleasant atmosphere in that cafe. 瞿21 we paid for that privilege Peter. I dont think Ill be rushing back. If you'll have me again Id love to drown a few with you both again. Ive sourced some earplugs by the way.
If you hadn't been so far away I don't think i would have had to shout so loudly :unsure::whistle::ROFLMAO:

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
That is bank end fishery. Place is ok but, the carp are well knocked about.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
One of my favourite places to go.

Last time I fished the match lake I was on Peg 28 and the margins were alive with decent carp, feed and hookbait - dead reds.

If it is a decent day I could well join you, not well enough to go if it is too cold or wet.

sly

Site Supporter
One of my favourite places to go.

Last time I fished the match lake I was on Peg 28 and the margins were alive with decent carp, feed and hookbait - dead reds.

If it is a decent day I could well join you, not well enough to go if it is too cold or wet.
jeez,does that mean we would have to be on our bestest behaviour :unsure::whistle::D

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
It's OK mate, I will leave the cane at home!!!!!