Womens world cup

H T B

I have watched a couple of games.
Whilst generally slower than the mans game, like F1 to F3, It's been entertaining.
Nice to see players not crowd around the ref at every decision going against them.
The mens game could learn from the women game! [like Scotland being at a World Cup finals!!!! :) ]

Dusty Rhodes

I can’t watch it, I’ve tried and tried but the standard is diabolical.
Our lass plays also and the standard of play is unbearably bad.

davylad

Site Supporter
I watched it, and England will have to improve on that showing, they started ok but could have ended up dropping a point to a game Scots side. One of the family was sub yesterday, but she never got on.

Blanks

Site Supporter
When does the USA v Thailand women's match kick off?

About every five minutes mate

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I’d rather poke rusty nails in my eyes, absolute overkill for a mediocre product.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
The England ladies are through, well done.
Good debate the other day about the USA over celebrating during their 13-0 win, some felt it disrespected the opposition. I looked at it from this angle: The ladies game is going through the same formative phase that the mens game did and 30 odd years ago it wasn't uncommon for a mens side to stick plenty past another team. In time it will happen less and less as the favoured sides progress at a rate slower than the unfavoured ones and such results become less and less. Such results and goal after goal were celebrated back then. Look at San Marino, goals against getting less and less, the odd draw creeping in.

Mens game used to be that there were easy games and hard games, now there are no games that are easy, just some more straightforward than others. Ladies game yet to reach that point internationally that's all. I wouldn't blame anyone celebrating a goal or a tenth goal and if sides are happy to be in a competition that is as big as it is, then you are there for the taking. Other option would be to criticise the qualification criteria, route and size of the competition for allowing the potential for such results to occur, but then, if the poor teams weren't there, they aren't going to ever progress.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Scotland robbed from what I could see. Yes lose a 3 goal lead and its never good, but they had some poor luck in the competition, including last night, where the VAR debate was taken to a whole new level.

Lee Richards

Some of the goalkeeping has been superb and it can be watchable at times- they are just not powerful enough when kicking the ball and it's all very predictable.

Has anyone noticed that when the physio comes on they never put the kit bag down - too scared they will all surround it and start dancing :LOL:

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
The so called men can learn from the ladies about not diving and pretending youve been shot after every minor contact.
I don't know, it got fairly interesting last night. If it follows the development and upping of the ante and levels of competition, breeding win at all costs the mens game has*, i doubt this will be the case in the future. Not many sports left really where a squeaky clean image is apparent, mind you plenty that still pretend there are, usually when being used as an argument against football/footballers.

*Can be summed up easily-Money.

H T B

I think the Women's World Cup has been very deceptive.
Take the USA v Sweden game last night.

Slim leggy blondes, with a nice pony tail.
thinking, hubba, hubba.
then the camera pans in.......... :)