Who's going to Holland 2017 ?

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
Winter is well and truly upon us, so it's time to start thinking about next year's trip.

We've already booked up for the Spring trip, we are back at De Koerberg from 28th April, there's 13 of us going in total, including Spud and his lad, Tubby Roofer and the posh lot from Harrogate , some orrible Cockney geezers and the bad influence that is Ian. Our week also clashes with the Anglo Dutch festival, so it will be lively enough in the bar on a night.
Unfortunately Big Fella and the Leicester likely lads aren't coming. I think the embarrasment of Big Fella possibly winning the tit trophy 3 years on trot influenced the decision not to come [:I][:D]

So, who's going where & when ?

Billsykes

Two of us are going in Sept again probably 8th can't wait to get back on zalk

Last edited:

Markus

We fish the anglo-dutch festival in Hellevoetsluis as every year. We go from 21th april-28th.

Kingman

21st April De Kourberg for us. Looks like we will miss the frenzy of the following week and have the venues to ourselves.

Not looking forward to those dodgy orange "chalets"!

PIGEON114

1st full week in June ,only 4 of us going this time , we are defo going to catch the ferry out next year. don't know about the one back tho,lol , merry christmas all ,hope you have a fantastic fishing new year.

The Big Fella

Hi al

In response to Pobs slander ;-) hehehe

That would be just plain fickle as I've said before we really enjoy Koerberg but after about 6-7 years on spin we just fancy a change as we have done from all over Ireland to Spain to Hellevesluis area to Koerberg

Next years change there is currently 12/13 anglers and we having a mini festival for a week probably Skeg Vegas and the year after we may we'll be back to do some damage and do another chip shopping on you like me and spud did a few years back to you.

Oops sorry did I say that, meant to just think it :)

2018 we will be on our travels again and will be ready for the next challenge

Chris Watson

Dutch Dynamo
Originally posted by Billsykes

Chris have you fished pole much on big zalk ?
Yeah, quite a few times Bill, my biggest ever weight off Big Zalk came on the pole. It was on the sunken tree peg. I had 79 bream all between 5lb & 10lb. That was in April though, the fish were in fattening up just before spawning.
Also had some good days from the roadside bank in "B" section where the grass is flat up passed the reeds.
Little Zalk is also very good for the pole [:T]

Nunachuk

Site Supporter
I have just received my paperwork to renew my Dutch fishing permit, so I'll probably have a couple of long weekends in Holland (DeKoeberg is only 3 hours drive from where I live in Germany). Plus I will be fishing the Anglo-Dutch in September-Good luck to the lads going in April![:T]

spudnudd

Originally posted by Nunachuk
-Good luck to the lads going in April![:T]
Pat i know you mean the rest of the lads with this statement but me come on LUCK AS YOU KNOW CERTAIN ANGLERS DON'T NEED IT[:D][:D][:T][:T]

spudnudd

Bill it can be a massive advantage in april when the bream come in the lakes to spawn as they come into the shallower water so pole and wagler fishing works well.Water temp is also a big factor as we've seen the fish stay in the deeper water at times and over 40yd casts are needed on big zalk.When Chris and Mark battered them on the pole the lake was stuffed with slabs in april and although lots of fish do enter the lake as yet not in those numbers as Chris will tell you.The slider and wagler are my favourites its better than watching the tip all day but each to the own and i did about a ton on big zalk on wagler one april in my usual few hours.Never done it in august or september as its hard work to keep them in float range but at times i've seen it produce decent bags.Roll on april[:)][:T]

Billsykes

Thanks spudd we thought about trying it first day and giving them some caster for the roach and ball it in on feeder line for next day just for something different to be honest

spudnudd

The way the roach population as increased in zalk over the last couple of years is astonishing and can be a pain if after bream but a day on the wagler can produce a fish a chuck so good sport[:T][:T]

Nunachuk

Site Supporter
Bill, I don't think that the reception sells them, as far as I can remember the Tourist information Bureau sells them (in Hattem), but talk to Richard mate and he'll steer you in the right direction!

[:T]

Last edited:

Nunachuk

Site Supporter
I found this earlier and thought that the guys on here might enjoy it as well-

https://youtu.be/sCvo6YOT1aU

Happy Christmas to one and all!

[:T]