Whos going Holland 2019

SHAFT

We set off today, set back off 13th, decided to go bit earlier this yesr so hopefully fishing Will be good.

daveoxley

Not until Brexit is sorted out with a NO DEAL, I was there this last weekend.
Hi Paul just been catching up with recent posts and starting to get excited, I see you are back at Molengroet 7th June this year. We are back there ourselves arriving same day.
Doing the Newcastle crossing this time it just makes life so much easier for us only 30 miles up the road. Hopefully we can catch up and share info.
You may still have my number from last year, yours is still logged on mine. Will be monitoring the reports coming in over the next month with any luck the lads going there later this month will catch a few and put us in the picture

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
That's great Dave the more info the better. Did you use the worm farm last year? we have got a good deal again this year, far cheaper than we can get them for at home and you know they are fresh of the feed. Can't find your number mate, have changed phones so pm/mail it again and we can have a chat. Does the Newcastle ferry go into the hook of Holland?

daveoxley

That's great Dave the more info the better. Did you use the worm farm last year? we have got a good deal again this year, far cheaper than we can get them for at home and you know they are fresh of the feed. Can't find your number mate, have changed phones so pm/mail it again and we can have a chat. Does the Newcastle ferry go into the hook of Holland?
Hi Paul it is Newcastle Amsterdam (Ijmuiden) only around 30 miles to Newcastle and 23 miles from Ferry to Molengroet, Anglers World don't operate on this crossing so we booked it all including Droompark ourselves and for 4 people 1 car + Nissan NV200 van it worked out at £380 each including onboard meals slightly more than we paid AW last year on the Hull Rotterdam route.
We have always bought our worms from a local farm at home and last year paid £18 kilo good worms but more than interested in buying them from the same place you use if we could. I take it your mobile number is still the same and when that phone of mine is charged up I will send you a message.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
That's a good price and only a short drive for you lads. Yes phone number is still the same.
The worm farm would mean going back towards Rotterdam, about a 40 mile round trip, for us it's on our rout and only a 10 minute diversion.
It's called A D Kranenburg it's near a place called Abbenes just of the A4, they have a web site and prices are according to the amount you want and how they are packaged, we are paying 13 euros per kilo. We order them before we go and they have them ready for us cash on collection.

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Fishing very very poor in the festival on the Voorne,its freezing and fish sulking midwater. Lots of weights below a kilo.

spudnudd

Chris Watson is at Koerberg at the moment nothing doing on big zalk seems the slabs were everywhere in the shallows ready for spawning but now no sign of them at all.The Isjjel and Vecht are fishing good but the weather temps have been up and down all week with a cold wind the other day.

Irishhybrids

Holland s finished apart from a few pockets and areas , get the sens back over to Ireland it’s been fishing it’s nuts for last 12 months .

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Paul they have a 3 week festival. Started well until weather changed.

spudnudd

Anglo Dutch Classic starts tomorrow on the Isjjel the recent reports are thats it is stuffed with fish so should be a good festival. Bream have been caught up to 8LBS this week pleasure fishing.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
Cold front moving in this weekend according to weather forecast, may slow things down a bit. :cautious::cautious:

neil fallows

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Just returned from Hellevouetsluis and most of the time it was a cold North wind.
Spoke to a few anglers who said the fishing was bad.
We kept to our plan of prebaiting quiet swims where effort is needed and up early.
This paid off having catches of 183lb 163lb and 120lb with all the fish on worm or caster.
Highlight was a massive roach of 3lb 4oz.
I'm not going to all the peg details but the fish are certainly there in numbers

Attachments