Who is fishing tomorrow and for what ?

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Went last night for Anything big using double spec rod set up.
Not a touch on the boilie rig.
Loads of small Roach and Skimmers on method rig with a 12mm robin red, switch to a ringers choc/orange wafter and same stamp of fish continued.
Ah well at least I didnt blank!
Goodluck today.
Small roach on a 12mm? That's mad isn't it?

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
Just been down to the river and someone is already fishing it, so I'll check back later this evening.

Fugley-fisher

Just got back from mill, despite putting 9pt groundbait 1.5pt casters and 1/4 kg of worm through the feeder the bream never showed up ended up with 6-8 lb of roach chublet dace and a couple perch to 3/4 of pound, rained most of the day hence feeder only. Better luck next time.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Sounds alright to me!

Was a very stop start session on the Thames for me as only actually fished for about 2/3 of the time I was there due to work and rain interruptions. From the bit of fishing I did fit in it was a load of blooming bleak, a few other bits and bobs and 15 nice roach for me today.

1593540010770.jpeg
1593539985657.jpeg

nejohn

Site Supporter
As I am still working from home I might be able to get out tomorrow or Thursday mid afternoon, will just be to local club lake as it is only a 15 minute drive so easy to get to at short notice, the tackle shop round the corner opened on Monday so hopefully should be OK for bait at short notice

Fugley-fisher

I will be heading back out Thursday or Friday fancy waggler, stick, bolo weather has to agree tho,
Sounds alright to me!

Was a very stop start session on the Thames for me as only actually fished for about 2/3 of the time I was there due to work and rain interruptions. From the bit of fishing I did fit in it was a load of blooming bleak, a few other bits and bobs and 15 nice roach for me today.

View attachment 36650
View attachment 36649
Normally I would be ok with that but I missed so many bites, i suspect from small stuff just frustrating and I really wanted bream.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Good luck mate :)

I’ll be back out Thursday for sure but tempted to have another go tomorrow if the weather plays ball. It’s the second time in just over a week that I’ve almost got the roach going properly on hemp so hoping they’ll properly come onto it soon.

NoCarpPlease

Site Supporter
that's a cracking chub for a little stream!

I had a couple of hours wandering around yesterday evening: rod & reel, landing net, bait apron and a little bag of bits. Up to twenty minute in each swim and then move on. A nice little bitesize session.
Started in the swim that's shown in the title photo on Dave Harrell's website. Dace a chuck for twenty minutes including some stampers - they seem to be in the river earlier this year than usual - which is a good sign for those fishing the festival next week on the venue.
Dropped in to a couple more swims as I moved upstream - same result - plenty of dace.
Last peg I fished was in the backbrook. With the river really low there was virtually no flow - so bites were hard to come by at first. Then I started to pick up some perch and roach. Then I had a nice bream about 2 pounds and had another come off that was bigger. The river was painfully clear - I saw both bream turn as they were hooked in 7ft of water! had a couple of hand size skimmers and then finally the dace moved in on this peg as well, so I packed
All on half a pint of loosefed casters that I had left over from the weekend.

I was using an original mustad 90340 size 20 hook for a change (after nejohn mentioned them on here a few days ago). They are really tiny ... and not really suitable for hooking casters. How did we ever fish 22s for chub?

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
Thank you mate! Had it on Green Dendrobenas.
What are these green dendrabenas you talk of ? Myself and Nicky Dodds only live around the corner from Willy Worms and Chris ( owner ) has never mentioned them to us. Unless Nicky is keeping them a secret from me. 😆. I could have done with trying some last night on the Trent while fishing for Barbel. Six hours for two 2lb skimmers. Drawn a blank with the old whiskers again. At least that's an improvement on Sunday where I only got one. The Trent is fishing very hard for Barbel at the moment. Maybe I need some green worms ? 😆👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
that's a cracking chub for a little stream!

I had a couple of hours wandering around yesterday evening: rod & reel, landing net, bait apron and a little bag of bits. Up to twenty minute in each swim and then move on. A nice little bitesize session.
Started in the swim that's shown in the title photo on Dave Harrell's website. Dace a chuck for twenty minutes including some stampers - they seem to be in the river earlier this year than usual - which is a good sign for those fishing the festival next week on the venue.
Dropped in to a couple more swims as I moved upstream - same result - plenty of dace.
Last peg I fished was in the backbrook. With the river really low there was virtually no flow - so bites were hard to come by at first. Then I started to pick up some perch and roach. Then I had a nice bream about 2 pounds and had another come off that was bigger. The river was painfully clear - I saw both bream turn as they were hooked in 7ft of water! had a couple of hand size skimmers and then finally the dace moved in on this peg as well, so I packed
All on half a pint of loosefed casters that I had left over from the weekend.

I was using an original mustad 90340 size 20 hook for a change (after nejohn mentioned them on here a few days ago). They are really tiny ... and not really suitable for hooking casters. How did we ever fish 22s for chub?
You got some ORIGINAL 90340's left ? You lucky devil. Blast from the past is that. Yes, however did we land chub on them back in the day ? 😆

Nice session matey. 👍

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
First time I've used them myself! They're quite small for Dendros so I was using two on a size 12 hook. Not sure if they were more or less effective than usual Dendros but I will be trying them again! I had the decision to either go on 'the weir' or get up early and go to the Severn, but decided the Severn is probably still fishing too hard, and I'd never get out of bed today if I did, at least you have had some Barbel already this season haven't you @tipitinmick ?

'Luckily' my job this morning moved to this afternoon and all my jobs from Thursday and Friday to later today, so I have a very busy afternoon and then hopefully Friday off which might be a chance for me to get out on the Severn again!

Fugley-fisher

Bright green Dendrobaena worms in a re-useable tub. These worms are fed on a special formulated nutrient that makes them glow bright green from the inside! Perfect for darker, brackish water, night fishing, or luring those specimen fish that have become wary of the usual baits. It is well known that fish are attracted to strong colours, as well as scent and movement, that is why these lively green worms should be part of every