Which Vitalin type?

Kevin Tull

Site Supporter
Which Vitalin type is used as ground bait, and how would you process it? Thanks

The Ginger Bread Man

Yellow bag, muesli. I had several 50lb+ bags of Bream on the cut about ten years ago. Feeding a red dynamite bait bucket full with pellet, tuna, and corn. Both Tuesday and Thursday. On the Saturday I'd only feed corn, frozen corn, and lots of it. Pour boiling water over the groundbait the night before and leave. Awesome stuff

Kevin Tull

Site Supporter
Yellow bag, muesli. I had several 50lb+ bags of Bream on the cut about ten years ago. Feeding a red dynamite bait bucket full with pellet, tuna, and corn. Both Tuesday and Thursday. On the Saturday I'd only feed corn, frozen corn, and lots of it. Pour boiling water over the groundbait the night before and leave. Awesome stuff
Thanks

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
DO NOT TRY THE ONE WITH GRAVY !
I tried using one after running out of the plain one , two balls in and it killed my swim stone dead. Tried using it again didn't get a bite at all. Gave the rest to a friend who had a dog.

Tinca Steve

Irregular member.
Site Supporter
Thinking about it Bailey's no.1 is a brilliant binder. You can use it just like Vitalin.

nutmeg

Vitalin original is the one to use, to make a fine groundbait, blitz what you need in a liquidiser,food processor, but if you intend fishing it on a method feeder, just make sure you dont over wet the mix asit will simply stick to the feeder.
Used to buy it from animal feed stores, in amounts to suit.
I switched from vitalin to goat feed mix, which l found suited my feeder fishing. Also it was cheaper

Silverfisher

Never used it for coarse fishing but it’s ideal for bulking out fishy chum for black bream at sea.

Simon R

Site Supporter
The horse or goats feed are generally coarser than Vitalin - which I've never really found to be a problem - it mushes up the same once it's been soaked and although you can liquidise it I don't usually bother.
The advantage of the horse feeds though is they usually contain molasses which is an additive that bream especially seem to like.

Simon

Kevin Tull

Site Supporter
The horse or goats feed are generally coarser than Vitalin - which I've never really found to be a problem - it mushes up the same once it's been soaked and although you can liquidise it I don't usually bother.
The advantage of the horse feeds though is they usually contain molasses which is an additive that bream especially seem to like.

Simon
Thanks all for your contributions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Bait Talk 7
E Bait Talk 7
Fishplate 42 Fishing Talk 11
W Fishing Talk 10
C Bait Talk 10