Which bite alarms

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
I am looking to replace my el cheepo alarms with something better and have been looking around, I have looked at delkims , but just a tad expensive being a poor pensioner ,the ones I am moving towards are the Gardner atts with reciever but I have noticed that sonic do a set and the write ups are good and also include a bivvy light has any body any knowledge of any of these and also any other that might be worth taking a look at, The ones I have now are made by sabre and I bought them for £38 for three alarms plus a reciever and to be honest have given me good service for two years and still going well but the lights are not very good but can't complain at the price

John Step

Site Supporter
Have a look at TFG Ignite alarms. I just bought a set of 3 with a receiver from AD for about £62. They are to replace the older version of the same alarms that have given very good service for years. Its only my ham fistedness that required me to buy replacements.

They have illuminated wheels. There is a vibrate option. You can get muffles for the alarms and use them just on vibrate. Very sociable.
They are obviously a generic alarm and I have seen the identical alarms on the ebay without the TFG logo much cheaper.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The Sonic set are pretty good. The bivvy light can be set to normal light only or switched to come on to the colour of the alarm that's gone off, so you know which rod has got the bite before you leave the bivvy.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Have a look at TFG Ignite alarms. I just bought a set of 3 with a receiver from AD for about £62. They are to replace the older version of the same alarms that have given very good service for years. Its only my ham fistedness that required me to buy replacements.

They have illuminated wheels. There is a vibrate option. You can get muffles for the alarms and use them just on vibrate. Very sociable.
They are obviously a generic alarm and I have seen the identical alarms on the ebay without the TFG logo much cheaper.
Hi John step, had a look at those alarms and they look like a pair of Ron Thompson alarms I used to have and gave good service the only problem with them they had only one tone and you had to put a plug in the speaker to quiet them down but just wondering if they have these controls on the reciever instead of on the alarm, still for the money it's got to be good value

breamlover

if your just day fishing and not night fishing you don't need a receiver .so you save money there ,
I go for the Delkim Ev Plus Bite Alarm £60 each , wait till banks hols at bobco leeds and get 20% off works out cheaper...
ive had delkim alarms for 20 year and still going strong today , worth spending abit more for good gear that last you..

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Another vote for Delkim however the ATT's have good write ups and can be bought with a wireless receiver.

For cheaper alarms you can't beat the Fox MX at £30'ish a unit.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
Thanks bream lover, I would go down that route but I do tend to do quite a bit of night fishing and to get a set of delkims with reciever I would have to sell the wife ( now there's an idea ) .
I did have a pair of mx plusses dave but they took a bath in the trent when a dog knocked my tripod over and the beep turned into a croak and were never the same again so straight swapped them for the sabres but much appreciate all the input

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
@Barbel seeker

This is a set I bought. Don't know exactly who makes them but they work very well and available on eBay......

I also have this set. Prologic SNZ's...Real workhorses.

turlwickdave

Bagga T
Site Supporter
Another vote for Delkim Ev Plus Bite Alarm £55 each i have 1 x blue light and 1 x red light i don't understand why the purple light version is £5.00 dearer.

Lcn

If you’re going for Delks the ev’s are good but the 25yr edition pluses are not much more expensive than ev’s and cheaper than the non 25 yr pluses for some reason and also come with a case included . If you look on Facebook you can pick up the odd bargain set of Delks aswell . I bought a pair of ev’s last year for £40 of one of the carp groups and I saw a pair of pluses for £50 yesterday on one of the groups

Arry

Aitch, Cantankerous old gimmer with "Views"
Site Supporter
I have a set ot ATTs and very goodcthey are too... with alarms you get what you pay for and I found over the years that with cheap alarms "you buy cheap you pay twice"

John Step

Site Supporter
The receiver has the volume control and tone control. I tend to use them on vibrate with the muffles on the alarms to stop any noise annoying others although I must say that the volume coming from the actual head of the alarms is very low.
The receiver has 3 volumes plus the vibrate.

The receiver has red white and blue leds that correspond to whichever alarm goes off.

Barbel seeker

Site Supporter
The receiver has the volume control and tone control. I tend to use them on vibrate with the muffles on the alarms to stop any noise annoying others although I must say that the volume coming from the actual head of the alarms is very low.
The receiver has 3 volumes plus the vibrate.

The receiver has red white and blue leds that correspond to whichever alarm goes off.
Thanks John

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Tackle Talk 14
tidgy38 Fishing Talk 32
K Tackle Talk 9
tidgy38 Fishing Talk 65
N Tackle Talk 0