Where you fished today (Part 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
The start of a new thread, 'Where you fished today (Part 10)'.
Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 & 9 now add up to 900+ posts ! And in case you've missed them, here are shortcuts to the previous threads:

Part 1

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3, Page 4, Page 5, Page 6, Page 7

Part 2

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 3

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 4

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 5

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 6

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 7

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 8

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

Part 9

Page 1, Page 2, Page 3

So if you're new and have an hour or five spare take a read of the previous reports and lets continue posting.....

If you wish to include a photo feel free using the 'MyPhoto' but for the enjoyment of others, please crunch/optimize them to reduce your file size to less then 30,000bytes - the smaller the better[:D]

Happy posting[;)]

Dave

G

16/03/03 The Oaks Sessay

Arrived on the complex at about 9.15am, me Dazb and Bernie.

We fished oaks pond, the complex has another 5 ponds.

Anyway i got peg one

Daz got peg two and Bernie got peg three

I decided to fish a maggot swimfeeder, i used my trusty drennan 11'6" medium feeder rod [^]. Main line 4lb maxima,2lb hooklength,size 18 barbless

I had pinkie,maggot,worm and corn for hook bait.

We got set up, then away we went,
I was fishing at about 15 yards,maggot on the hook, Andy get yer camera Bernie has got one, Bernie is a newcomer to our sport, line reeled in, camera in hand away i went, this is Bernie with the first fish of the day,on his first cast

Then he got the 2nd,3rd and 4th fish,

A little while later the phone went,,alreet mate, Al Peter's on the fone, we had a bit of a chat about this and that, while on the fone my tip had a bit of a tug, ok mate yes thats fine see you later, then i put the fone down,then i picked my rod up, gotcha, after a bit of a scrap this is what i got

A common of about 4lbs.

No more bites followed for a while after that,so i decided to start cleaning my bait boxes out, i turned round to get a box,then my rod went,i just grabbed hold of it, this is what was on the end,

That was the last fish i got, Bernie was the most productive on the day,two common's and roach with them, well done Bernie, he cannot wait to get out again.

A most enjoyable day, at least i did not blank,Dazb was the only one not to catch.

catch me if u can
Andy,

(Just reducing photo sizes - [:)])

Last edited by a moderator:

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
17-3-03 Today I fished Bakers pond at kilnurst for the first time,
The kilnurst book i got last year to fish the river also has the canal
and this pond all for 9 & with the river now closed i thought i'd go and try this pond,
its a silver fish venue, holding roach,perch,crucians,tench,skimmers & rudd,

here's the pond,

armed with only maggots & pinkies i fished the pole at 10mts, and the depth was only 3ft, just loose feeding pinkie and fishing maggot on the hook, after an hour bites started and for the next 4 hours bites came quite frequently and i finnished up with 53 fish,[:)]
made up of:- 11 crucians, 25 perch, 5 rudd, & 12 roach,
total weight 15lbs,[:)]

11 crucians

25 perch

5 rudd

12 roach

a very enjoyable day,

teepee.

(Just reducing the photo sizes [:)])

Dai Fish

Site Supporter
Nice report Andy, keep it up mate

Dai Fish
Be nice to your kids because its them that pick your nursing home!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Nice reports and pic's from you both[:)]
Nice to see your not a blanker any more Andy.[;)]
Tony,looks like a cracking session with a nice bit of variety.[^]

Peter.

Make Friends,
Go Maggotdrowning.

G

Thanks Dai,thanks SIR [;)][;)].

Very nice day TeeePee,

catch me if u can
Andy,

martin.

Account Locked
some good reports from all

tight lines.
martin.

talk fishing flip football

Geoff P

The MOGerator
Staff member
Site Supporter
Well I had a free afternoon after buying Margarets good wishes with a drive round the Welsh country side this morning.

I arrived at the canal at half past two this afternoon. I set up my pole to fish at 6 metres with size 10 elastic, 4lb line to 2 lb hook length and a size 18 hook, 0.5 gm float. Fishing single maggot I had a slow 2 and half hours fishing. One little perch, but these three beauties.

Largest went 2lb 12 ounces with the smallest going just under 1 and three quarter lb. Not quantity but quality. I have got to beat last years 55 tench from this canal, so these 3 are a good start.

Geoff

Clean Banks Campaign member
Fishing Venues UK

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Andy nice to see you did'nt blank![:)] and tell Bernie well done, its nice to see someone new to angling catch,[;)]

Geoff like you say not quantity but 3 nice Tench,

teepee.

mookie

mookie
[:D][:D][:D]

Good evening gents...Well my good mate Norm the poacher rang me yesterday to ask if wanted a session at Catterick complex....[^][^]this was new to me and was well chuffed when l saw the lakes..[^][^]..this morning dawned frosty and foggy with not a whiff of wind...and as usual good ol Norm arrived on time...7.15ish..[:D][:D]..

For the short trip to the complex around 11 miles....< Be a good venue for a fun fishin >...we picked the match lake which was nearest the car..[;)]..arrived and as per usual l decided on the tiny feeder rig...3lb ml..to a 2lb hl...with a barbless 18......we set up swims next to each other..so a good chinwag wasnt a shout athon..lol lol..
[^][^][^]....Norm decided to get his pole out..which l am sure is attached to him....[:D][:D]..
As for bait l had a few red maggots which Norm kindly bought me...corn and some meat.....

We started around 8ish....very foggy and frosty still...[;)]...but as 8.15 came along my tip flew round and a nice common carp came to my net which was around the pound mark <another 3 points to my list...[:D][:D]..< l jokingly said 2lb to Norm > dont think he was impressed as he was stuggling to get a bite...which is very unusual with the pole...
l had the odd bite in the next 2 hours but nothing worth hitting...then at around 11ish...as l was pouring my coffee...l looked round to find my tip going like the clappers...[:D][:D]...played this fish carefully as l had changed to a lb bottom to try and get more bites...and up she came a lovely TENCH...my first since the late 80s....[:D][:D][:D]...and another 3 points to the race...this fish was also around the pound mark....[;)][;)]...that really made my day....and the sunshine to go with it...sunshine and tench...[:p][:p]....hurry up summer...
By this time Norm had foul hooked a carp but it got off at the net.....lots of..[}:)][}:)].....then at last a carp for Norm..a few casts later....
So we decided for a walk round to see if anybody else was catching...as quite a few had turned up....one of the lads on the other side was a friend of Norms...< lingos the same ...so they knew each other..>...he was catching on corn and red maggot.....[^] so in the end Norm said fancy moving round to the other side...relunctantly l agreed and glad we did.....
Soon as Norms pole float hit the water....it was gone[^][^]...that next 4 hours he got a bite a chuck...and a fish a chuck...[:D][:D][:D]

l couldnt get a sniff on the tip so l got the dreaded pole out...[;)][;)]
Some damn reason l cant get the hang of it.....it really gives me the willies....always get tangles always get annoyed with myself..[}:)][}:)]
I tried it out for 20mins or so, but couldnt get a bite..whatever depth l went.....[}:)][}:)]
So the tip came out again and l moved again to where Norms mate was....and l got a pastie carp every 10mins or so...in the end l had 10 pastie carp.....plus the tench and the common.....l was pleased to get some fish ..[:D][:D] on such a wonderful warm March day...l had 3 layers of clothing on this morning...including my army romper suit...boiled lobster l was...[:D][:D].....

So it came to Norms netful....he counted them....63 pastie carp to half a pound....around 20lb +...[:D][:D] all round......

Well that was our day at Catterick complex...its situated in the village of the same name........Come to think about it it would be a good venue for a fishin...WHAT YE THINK NORM..!!! would the owner appreciated 20 + mds on his lakes....

Cheers mate.....thanks again for taking me....

MOOKSTER...[^][^][^][^]....MDS SIMPLY THE BEST....

Last edited:

Simon R

Site Supporter
The ponds at Catterick are owned by Leeds AA, Gus Greaves is the on-site bailiff. I suspect that if you wanted to book some sort of match / fish-in on there you would need to go through the full Leeds committee etc etc.

I'm not in Leeds anymore but I'm sure Dave or Stu will have a better idea of how we might be able to go about it, there's certainly plenty of room and variety of lakes down there (plus the river when the season opens again)

Tight Lines

Simon

P.S. Told you you'd catch a few up there Norm [;)][;)][;)]

MALC

quote:originally posted by Dave
I've now created 'Part 10'.... bet you didn't think that the thread would be this big Malc when you started it [:)]
Must admit it's great to see all the reports of both good days and bad and it's also a good record of the year gone by [8D][:D] and some of the events that others have posted makes it a cracking read.[:)]

Well onto todays (20/03/03) trip....

Myself and Brian (aka Digger Barnes) payed a visit to Holly Farm

We fished the middle of the 3 pools known as Trotters as after my dire performance in last Saturdays open on there i felt i needed to get back in tune with the moods of the pool before the open there this coming weekend.

Well Brian sat on peg 29 and i sat on peg 28 both down the far end away from the car park with the wind off our backs.

Brian set up a straight lead to fish to the island and a pole line at around 8mtr.

Me i went for a feeder to the island and the pole at 13mtr.

First chuck with the lead for Brian and before he had chance to tighten up and he was into his first fish of the day.[:D][8D]

Brian with his first cast Carp of about 2lb

As is normally the case when you get a fish first chuck things then went down hill for Brian and only 1 more Carp and a Rudd followed for Brian although the island did move closer to him on a few occasions.[;)][;)]

As for my day well things started slow with no action for the first hour and then it got better with Carp from about 2lb upto 6lb, Tench, Rudd and the iceing on the cake for me the Bream pictured below weighing about 3lb,[:D] it's the first bream i've caught from Holly and only the 3rd one i've seen from there in the 3 years i've fished there.[8D]

Me & my first Bream from Holly Farm

My biggest carp of the day around 6lb

All my fish except 1 of the smaller Carp came on the pole.

Hopefully i'll perform a bit better on Saturday in the open than i did last week.[:)]

But knowing the "JINX" only time will tell.[:eek:)][:eek:)][:eek:)]

Also going back to Trotters on Tuesday as Scott is coming down from Stoke for a little session.

MALC
IT'S CATCHING ...BUT ARE YOU !!!

Last edited:

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Well done Malc, & keep working on the smile [:D][:D][:D]

teepee.

scott essery

'Silver man'
[:D]blimy Malc u misserable sod whats up [;)]

hes not normaly that bad Brian .... hope he hasnt put you off going fishing [:p]

Holly Farm IMO is one of the best kept secrets in the Midlands and a lovely venue. one i can recomend to anyone keen to try somehwere new as there are large hords of 8oz roach to hemp and a decent stamp of carp on Trotts with smaller pastie carp on Gills that love riddled meat and copped worm.

Theres even Bream which, u can see from Malcs chuffed fisog hes happy to catch [:)][:p][:)]

we'll let you know how we get on, on the 25th

silver man

MALC

[:p][:p][:p] I'll have you all know it's taken me years to perfect the Carpers Smile.[:p][:p][:p]

[;)][;)][;)] I just hate my picture being taken.[;)][;)][;)]

Honestly though i was and still am very pleased at catching the Bream as like i said it's only the 3rd one i've seen come out of there.[:D]

MALC

teepee

12/04/02 - 10/01/19
In Memoriam
Dave (Red Leader) & myself were at Woodlands at Thirsk today,
this is the venue for ISC1 (Inter-Site-Challenge1)
this will be the shortest report ever,

here goes:- cant say owt [;)][:D][;)]

here's some pictures of Dave, who had a "Cracking" day,[:)]

Action Man

a nice common carp

and an even better mirror carp

and a nice Tench

Thats it report over,[;)][:p][;)]

teepee.

(just reducing photo sizes [:)])

MALC

Cracking Pole I mean fish [;)][;)][;)]

MALC

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Went up to Woodlands at Thirsk as I had to sort something out before the Intersite Challenge [;)] and met Teepee there as arranged plus some suprised members of the Total-Fishing Team who were having a sly practice - must say they needed it lol

Anyway it was mid-day by the time I got there due to work stopping an early play but the weather was good the sun was out and it looked promising.
After a bit of pre-match banter with the others (and there's still 2 weeks to go lol) we got down to the job in hand.
And down hill it went from there on for me.

First off as I pushed my pole-roller into the bank it snapped clean in half; a V without a /.
Not to panic and a quick trip to the onsite shop, parted with 23 and a new roller sat in its place.

Then more disaster - as I put together my brand new, never been used in action, never seen water before pole, the fourth section from the butt was broken - aargh !! Matters weren't helped by the laughing cavalier from Cumbria who is sick and has a sick sense of humour [:D]lol. My gawd he even threatened to phone everyone and tell them. Okay so he's a tight arf and was going to make just one call to Trogg and let him pass it around [:p] - and he fishes for the other side [8D]

What do you do? urgh! A phone call later and I've a replacement section to pick up in the morning. Luckily I had my old faithfull pole with me and out it came.

Not long after finally kicking off I was into a shoal of rudd, no specimens but welcome all the same, this was followed by a suprise golden tench and several more rudd with the odd roach added for good measure. The bait - bronze maggot

Golden Tench

Rudd

As it got later the second method and bait was to be bought into play and out came the sweetcorn fished litterally just off the bottom with a small cup of corn/maggot in at the same time.
Bingo a common carp of around 5lb was soon hooked. It didn't want to come in though but after a 10-15 minute fight it was in the net.

Twenty minutes later and another common a bit bigger this time was battling against me. The fight seemed to take for ever and ther reason why became evident as I got it into the net - it was hooked just above the pelvic fin [8D]

A little while later and another, this time a mirror of about 8lb, followed by a proper tench (a green one [:D])

By now it was getting late and the sun had gone down so had the temperature. The total-fishing lot had been given a taste of what was to come and I must say they vacated the fishery before us [8D][:eek:)] so gawd help us them on the day lol

(pictures added)

Dave

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.