Wheat

TALLPAUL

Site Supporter
While in the pub talking about our G/bait for our Ireland trips I said I bought most of my ingredients from Maltby's in Hull and make up pre trip, a heavy mix and a light mix depending on the venues we fish. I added to these mixes a blitzed Vitolin, 2 of the lads said they now used Wheat as a filler in their g/bait, so here's my question, do you prepare and take (1 does) or take and prepare (the other 1 does)?? p.s. I've never used wheat...PAUL...

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I used to take and prepare the wheat daily, 1 pint of wheat in a 1.8 ltr flask, fill to the top with boiling water and 6 to 8 hours later you will have 1.8 ltrs of cooked wheat.

Stretch1066

Life member
Site Supporter
We take Wheat to Holland with us as a filler, take it dry prep every night or as required. We prep our's in a tea urn put in the wheat add twice as much water set on 60 degrees C, go out eat have a drink, when we come back its done. Turn off leave till morning to cool down pour out over a large ground bait riddle and away you go, you can reuse the same water or use to mix with. We will at times add some molasses to the water pre- cooking.

buygoodtackle

Wheat is a brilliant bait and prebait option. I do mine like this https://wheatnotcasters.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/preparing-wheat/

Last edited:

Bittell

ACCOUNT LOCKED
We save up 4 pint milk containers and half fill them with wheat to take over to Ireland. To use all you have to do is fill with boiling water and leave a day to soften. To kick start an Irish visit we do this in advance to three of four containers ready to use immediately on arrival.

buygoodtackle

For those interested my take on fishing wheat is here https://wheatnotcasters.wordpress.com/2015/01/14/why-wheatnotcasters/

scales

Vinny
We use lots of wheat and wild bird seed in Ireland we take a spare cooler box cover the wheat or seed with plenty of boiling water put the lid on securely then leave it, next day it's good to go.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Bait Talk 6
C Bait Talk 4
H Bait Talk 2
V Fishing Talk 6
B Fishing Talk 20