What's the best line for method and bomb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NFisher10

I've Recently just bought a new reel and can't decide which line to use? I'm thinking maxima but someone recently mentioned it's a poor line, I disagree but would like some feedback on your thoughts?

It's for method and bomb. Thanks. [8D]

Last edited:

ben1849

be prepared for many different answers! what do you currently use? line preference is a personal choice, so whatever you have faith in, stick to it. good old maxima for me.

NathanWatson

I used to use maxima for everything but now only use it for float fishing, prefer shimano technium or daiwa tournament st for feeder, casts more accurately because of less stretch and is abrasion ressistant.

wildinguk

Personal choice but I find daiwa tourny st excellent and it's all I use on reels for commercials now. 5lb for pellet wag, 6lb and 8lb for feeder/bomb.

Jim H

How does ST rate as a sinking line? Compared say to sensor, maxima, Technium or Supplex? (For reference, I think Maxima and Technium are good sinking lines, Sensor feels neutral and Supplex is floaty).

Thanks

pat 1948

Someone commented recently on Grauvell Teklon Gold low diameter, I used this line for seafishing, especially beach casting and it's only recently that I've found out they are producing it in lower diameters, worth a look in my opinion.

Kirtons

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Jim H

How does ST rate as a sinking line? Compared say to sensor, maxima, Technium or Supplex? (For reference, I think Maxima and Technium are good sinking lines, Sensor feels neutral and Supplex is floaty).

Thanks
it sinks but that makes no odds on the method or bomb. Just stick the tip underwater and bury the line

Jim H

Originally posted by Kirtons

Thanks
it sinks but that makes no odds on the method or bomb. Just stick the tip underwater and bury the line
Thanks Kirtons. I think that the sinking quality of a line does make a difference when fishing the lead / feeder - a sinking line buries more readily, which minimises the risk of moving a lighter bomb or feeder from where it lands.

More of an issue over moderate to long distances I suppose.

NathanWatson

Originally posted by Kirtons

Thanks
Thanks Kirtons. I think that the sinking quality of a line does make a difference when fishing the lead / feeder - a sinking line buries more readily, which minimises the risk of moving a lighter bomb or feeder from where it lands.

More of an issue over moderate to long distances I suppose.
It doesn't sink well but I use it for carp fishing and rivers mainly so doesn't matter. The Technium is better but more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.