What type of post p's you off ?

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
The type that p me off are the ones where a member tries to correct another members spelling or grammar ! Or the type that tries to belittle another member. This is especially true when the one doing the correcting, themselves make spelling or grammar mistakes in their post ! To me all they are doing in showing everyone what an arrogant and ignorant git they actually are !

willothewisp

willothewisp
Site Supporter
Kev: Of the various blogs and forums I follow, this is probably one of the most considerate and helpful. While there's a bit of leg pulling, it seems all in good humour, whereas some others are spiteful and vicious, especially one dealing with religious affairs. Now that says something!

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
My own Drunk ones usually when I'm trying to calm myself down with a few beers after fishing and post something a bit snowflakey or controversial then wake up thinking, what did I post.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
The " whats the best rod/pole/reel/seatbox" type.
Lots of different answers, and then the OP buys something totally different.
This P's me off too. It's not the fact they buy something totally different, it's that the 'best' is the one that suits you and your style of fishing, there is a difference. You can buy the (so called) best in the shop, but if it doesn't suit you, then you're on to a loser.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
The ones where people ask for advice, you (collectively) go to the extremes to help them and they dont even have the decency to acknowledge the replies.

Luckily not often on here
They hardly acknowledge on the FM forum Dave, and again if they do, they do something completely different, or do what they asked about in first place.

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
This P's me off too. It's not the fact they buy something totally different, it's that the 'best' is the one that suits you and your style of fishing, there is a difference. You can buy the (so called) best in the shop, but if it doesn't suit you, then you're on to a loser.
I am on another forum, FM , and I will offer advice based on my experience whether it's to do with tackle, or how to do something . I always mention that what works for me may not work for them, and sometimes still dont get acknowledged.
I would rarely offer advice on how to do something on here because there are better anglers on here than me , and I would feel out of place ,There are better anglers on FM than me, but I feel ok on there offering advice on pole fishing ,only because there dont seem to be many pole anglers who contribute.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
I am on another forum, FM , and I will offer advice based on my experience whether it's to do with tackle, or how to do something . I always mention that what works for me may not work for them, and sometimes still dont get acknowledged.
I would rarely offer advice on how to do something on here because there are better anglers on here than me , and I would feel out of place ,
I would agree with you up to a point, but even better anglers might look at your advice and think..."Why didn't I think of that?" We all live and learn mate. As for feeling out of place, all I can say to that is, any advice is better than none, and it may help others just starting up.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
For me it is the ones where the poster merely says they don't like the subject. Such as someone posting on a thread about football/rugby/cricket/American football that they don't like football/rugby/cricket/American football.

Bit like walking into Sainsbury's to tell them you prefer shopping at Tesco.

Then of course there are the ones telling me I am a tight wad. What an insult! Not sure where they get that idea from.

Total

Site Supporter
........I would rarely offer advice on how to do something on here because there are better anglers on here than me , and I would feel out of place ,
On 'here'meaning 'FM' Mark?......Always found you very helpful.(y)........As for feeling 'out of place'.....ignore it mate.(y)

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
On 'here'meaning 'FM' Mark?......Always found you very helpful.(y)........As for feeling 'out of place'.....ignore it mate.(y)
On here meaning MD Mark, I think there a lot of better anglers than me, Like I mentioned about FM ,not many pole or canal anglers on there and I feel ok about saying what works for me or what tackle I use.
And thanks for thinking I am helpful mate 😁👍

Warden

Site Supporter
I think the vast majority of post on MD are fine just the odd one or two that post things as fact when clearly they have not checked the source or subject they are posting about, which sometimes leads to angry exchanges, which is not what we should be about as I said most posts are great, If I am not sure whether what I am posting is correct a simple "IMO" or could be wrong is the way to go. :upthumb:

Total

Site Supporter
@warrington63....... 'Better anglers' is all relative mate.....Depending on so many factors, etc etc. Never demean yourself pal.....(y)

....As for FM.....MD's fulfils all my needs.