What Riles You?

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Whilst in Jarrolds bookshop department I bought `Gwynne`s little book of grammar`. Not so much a nuts and bolts book on where
to stick a semi wotsit but just an insight into the way our language works. Got me thinking is grammar really that important? There
are far more important things in life than correct spelling.

I have decided to treat myself to `Gwynne`s little book of Latin`. Total waste of time and money but I would like to know a bit more
about this dead language that will never die.

muskrat

Havin' a Waggle !
Site Supporter
Practically all the above get my goat at times. One I would add that really riles me is the arrogance that often takes over successful or wealthy people.
(Not all - but a fair few I've known).

BTMS

Site Supporter
People who do not indicate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!even a two fingured answer gesture !!! Pompus did 2 years of Latin god worse than Russian!!!!!

The Landlord

Site Supporter
I have decided to treat myself to `Gwynne`s little book of Latin`. Total waste of time and money but I would like to know a bit more
I've actually got an 'O' level in Latin.
You'll be pleased to know that it's been no bloody use to me whatsoever, since I left school.

Feldy

Site Supporter
Bullying
Animal Cruelty
s**t drivers
Dawdlers
Supermarket shoppers who hog where I want to go.
Potholes
Traffic

GeoffW

Site Supporter
This kind of ignorance and incompetance makes my blood boil.
Vulnerable kids abandoned by the justice system. I sincerely hope that the case is reopened and perpetrators held to account along with the police and social workers who failed to do their jobs.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Punters-Customers who accept a Quotation for works, (not an Estimate, but a fixed price) and book your time

then are either tardy on payment, or querie the price at time of payment

Nicky Dodds

The blonde girl in the available car.com advert...why cant she buy some shoes she can walk in?

TrickyD

Site Supporter
Any drivers while I'm on the road.Slow bar staff.litter.Lack of shame.

CarpCatcher86

Kiddi fiddlers, animal abusers thieves murderers and rapists, and threads being closed just as you post a reply.
Someone just said in the meghan thread that the duke and dutchess of sussex have spent less than 5 hours there since reciving their titles. Queen victoria became emperess of india and never went there.

Yuccaman

Jack of all trades...
Staff member
Site Supporter
Most of what's already been said, but a lack of manners, and unnecessary rudeness.

kevin o connor

M.O.G. member
Staff member
Site Supporter
Child molesters elderly abusers,wife batterers, husband batterers, rude people, dishonest politicians ! On a lesser scale people who insist on pushing the rules to see how far they can go and then start whinging when they are called on it !

John Step

Site Supporter
Just about all the aforementioned but to include .........those incompetent bas*ards who don't realise what a steering wheel is for and simply cannot stay on the left hand side of the road when turning left into a side road.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
"Unpunctuability".
Heh
Whilst in Jarrolds bookshop department I bought `Gwynne`s little book of grammar`. Not so much a nuts and bolts book on where
to stick a semi wotsit but just an insight into the way our language works. Got me thinking is grammar really that important? There
are far more important things in life than correct spelling.

Would you rather help your uncle Jack off a horse or your uncle jack off a horse?

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
This kind of ignorance and incompetance makes my blood boil.
Vulnerable kids abandoned by the justice system. I sincerely hope that the case is reopened and perpetrators held to account along with the police and social workers who failed to do their jobs.
Or those who abuse the Position they been Given, if trust has been put on you dont abuse it.

baldpaul

Site Supporter
People who get to the top of an escalator and stop there while they decide which direction they’re going to take.
Airport baggage collection, when the whole family, husband , wife and KIDS stand two foot from the carousel and plant their feet and you have to manoeuvre yourself and your luggage around them, FFS.

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Being hit at the back of the ankles with shopping trolly's/mobility scooters (happened to me yesterday) and no apology given. Ordering a bacon and egg sarny, only to be served with a sausage and egg (local cafe yesterday).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andy the grandad The Club House 8
Dave Spence The Club House 129
rudd Fishing Talk 3
J Fishing Talk 45
rudd The Club House 57