Well I not going

62tucker

Site Supporter
Had planned a trip out today but 40/50 mph winds forecast all day. I want to enjoy my 1st trip out and don’t think I would.
Winds 30/40 mph tomorrow and 10mph Monday so I still hoping 🤞

ukzero1

Growing old disgracefully.
Site Supporter
Saw a pole break under pressure yesterday. No fish on, it was just the wind blowing it. Personally, I would dream of using a pole in these winds.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Saw a pole break under pressure yesterday. No fish on, it was just the wind blowing it. Personally, I would dream of using a pole in these winds.
Gonna go On a river walk with Albert sus out some more pegs for the start of the season. Pete im gonna have a drive over with that lead this weekend will ring ya .

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Gonna go On a river walk with Albert sus out some more pegs for the start of the season. Pete im gonna have a drive over with that lead this weekend will ring ya .
No worries mate, if you got time will show you round the clubs lakes. Only 5 minutes away. :upthumb:

ukzero1

Site Supporter
Had planned a trip out today but 40/50 mph winds forecast all day. I want to enjoy my 1st trip out and don’t think I would.
Tuesday will be better mate. Winds down to 4mph and cloud cover so not too hot. Temp on Tuesday around 20c

stikflote

Site Supporter
Morning,
my dog Millie doesnt like the wind it makes her ears go flat she growls at it, some times she wont go out in it
makes me laugh

dry nets

apprentice stormtrooper
Site Supporter
I went yesterday, fished into the wind which was splashed up the peg boards. Fished margin pole against the bank and had well over a ton. For a rest I throw an under arm cast on my new greys feeder rod (thanks Dave) and christened it well. What a superb little rod. It bent double and handle 10lb with ease.
I wasn’t going to go with the wind blowing but glad I did.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Rubbish wind forecast all weekend here but looks absolutely brilliant from Monday all the way through to Saturday with low to mid 20s on the temperatures and comfortably sub 10mph winds so I’ll be waiting until those days to get out again.

robert d

Allways trying to improve
Site Supporter
Dont blame you Tucker ,its much nicer in lower winds

crackatoa

Site Supporter
Wife said it was windy during the night. Mind you I had stayed up and had half a dozen bottles of Proper Job

Simon R

Site Supporter
Had a walk round local reservoir (Lockwood Beck) this afternoon with the mutt
Given the direction the wind was coming from I anticipated that the whole of the dam wall would be unfishable but half of it was in the lee of the forest and although not float fishing weather it wasn't too bad - and on the forest side it was like a mill-pond - just a shame there aren't more fishable pegs on that bank.

Simon

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
had a fair old bit of thunder this after with big fat old rain drops

tell the truth, it was rather pleasant even though it curtailed sitting on the patio with a couple cans of stella

Zerkalo

Site Supporter
At one end of the lake I walked round today the water was hitting the bank in a froth, waves splashing over. The wind had the full length of the lake to pick up speed. On the dam wall end it was much more sheltered. Wind on your back up that end, possible to fish a waggler/slider. Not much chance at the other end

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Don`t blame ya tuck, loathe fishing when its windy. I always check the weather forecast and the direction of the wind and
plan my potential swims accordingly.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Yeah fishing weather is sub 10mph wind for me and I’ll only go when it’s windier if I know I can get out of it or in favourable position. If it gets up to 20mph though I’m not going full stop as it’s both a faff to fish in and unpleasant to sit in.