weird lights

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Stood outside the office earlier having a ciggie and doing my usual thing of looking up at the stars when i noticed a couple of satillites going over from NW to SE, it confused me a bit because i couldn't remember any ever following that path before...but then it got even more confusing as i watched another and another and another and another all following one another in a perfectly straight line.

I got my phone out and posted on facebook hoping someone else would be awake and see my post, i needed somone to see them just so i knew i wasn't going dolally(er), i counted over 40, luckily when i went back to my FB post others had been outside and one had actually watched them so i knew i was sane(ish).

I sent a professor friend a quick PM asking what the hell they could be because my sat/sky tracking sites had nothing listed, i figured i'd see a reply before i go to bed around 1200 but he replied almost straight away as he was also outside and had gone out specifically to see the "lights".

It is Elon musks new "skytrain", launched last month using his own spaceX rockets, there's 60 already in orbit and he is launching more soon, he eventually plans to have thousands up there all beaming internet to the world.

As weird as it was to see them, it was amazing to watch as they followed each other from horizon to horizon!

bezzer

Site Supporter
@Trogg I'll have a look tonight if the sky is clear. Love watching satellites and the Space Station, especially in the summer lying in my back garden. We're quite lucky where we live as there's very little light pollution.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Trogg I'll have a look tonight if the sky is clear. Love watching satellites and the Space Station, especially in the summer lying in my back garden. We're quite lucky where we live as there's very little light pollution.
That's what i love about being at work mate...not a lot of light pollution :)

James Dunn

James Dunn
Site Supporter
Stood outside the office earlier having a ciggie and doing my usual thing of looking up at the stars when i noticed a couple of satillites going over from NW to SE, it confused me a bit because i couldn't remember any ever following that path before...but then it got even more confusing as i watched another and another and another and another all following one another in a perfectly straight line.

I got my phone out and posted on facebook hoping someone else would be awake and see my post, i needed somone to see them just so i knew i wasn't going dolally(er), i counted over 40, luckily when i went back to my FB post others had been outside and one had actually watched them so i knew i was sane(ish).

I sent a professor friend a quick PM asking what the hell they could be because my sat/sky tracking sites had nothing listed, i figured i'd see a reply before i go to bed around 1200 but he replied almost straight away as he was also outside and had gone out specifically to see the "lights".

It is Elon musks new "skytrain", launched last month using his own spaceX rockets, there's 60 already in orbit and he is launching more soon, he eventually plans to have thousands up there all beaming internet to the world.

As weird as it was to see them, it was amazing to watch as they followed each other from horizon to horizon!
OH DEAR.:p;).Hide Alan.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
That’s got to be Santa and a few rain deer
You know what, you really do aggrivate me sometimes wih your stupid bloody comments.

It's obvious to anyone with an ounce of sense it isn't Satan clawz, he doesn't travel in a line that straight, by the time he's drank all the Brandy that's left out for him he cant even walk in a straight line let alone fly in one but the reindeer move in aslightly up/down side to side motion so it looks like they are weaving from a distance if you don't believe me go and watch them when they fly off from your house this year!

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
The ISS was a wonderful sight about 12 minutes ago as it zipped over Horsham. right overhead passing west to east. Lastnight's sighting was good too but tonight's was truly excellent.

H T B

Site Supporter
The chances of anything coming from Mars, was a million to one they said...............

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I remember seeing a Shooting Star burn out very close well it looked close to where i was night fishing even to this day it fascinates me seeing em.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
The ISS was a wonderful sight about 12 minutes ago as it zipped over Horsham. right overhead passing west to east. Lastnight's sighting was good too but tonight's was truly excellent.
I tack it and watch it everytime i can.... been doing it for years and i never tire of seeing it.
The best part of it is, eventually we should be able to see it either following or leading the "skytrain" as they are near as damn it on the same orbit just different heights.

Best thing about being out here when the ISS goes over is the darkness, i've actually watched the dragon (supply capsule) chasing the ISS!

That’ll mean the price will rise then
Actually mate Musks plan is the exact opposite, he's hoping by ringing the planet with them the prices will drop, i can't remember how but somewhere along the line both cheeseyZuckerburger and BillyboyGates are involved in the worldwide internet plan.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ukzero1 Fishing Talk 4
muskrat The Club House 8
muskrat The Club House 3
Stephen The Corner Peg 1
Lol The Club House 1