Watches.

Fishy Medic

Site Supporter
Taking my watch off in the evening and weekends is one of my little pleasures in life. It feels like one less constraint to worry about. I too will ditch my watch altogether when I retire.

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
Taking my watch off in the evening and weekends is one of my little pleasures in life. It feels like one less constraint to worry about. I too will ditch my watch altogether when I retire.
Exactly that. Haven't worn a watch now for 2 1/2 years since I retired. Reading this thread had me rooting about in my glory hole and I found my three watches plus a couple of my old chaps. Trying them on again feels weird!

stikflote

Site Supporter
I always were a watch ,used to get them for free when at work,
I now wear a Seiko 5 automatic which does keep good time ,may be losing a minute a week ,
not enough to worry about

minkyandbear

Site Supporter
😮😮😮😮 That’s a brazen admission on a forum!!
Oh how very dare you ; you mean this isn't the Golden rivet chutney ferret appreciation forum?

! When I read it back before posting I thought that sounds a tad wrong butt (sic) decided to leave it as is just to amuse other children!

frankg

Site Supporter
My last watch (a Sekonda) was stolen on the beach in Porto Cristo, Mallorca in 1976......haven't owned or worn one since :)

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry but that is sooo gay :D

Scribe

Site Supporter
Haven't worn a wristwatch for the last 5 years as I always have my mobile with me. That said I am thinking of digging one out of the drawer to wear in matches as the time seems to fly by and digging around in my pocket for my mobile phone, with a groundbait/micro/bream slime encrusted fingers is just inviting a dropped phone in the lake.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
@Wise Owl , you do love a bit of orange don't you Dave. :oops:
We saw it but the shop didnt open for half hour, so we looked around a few shops went for a Coffee the on the way back our Gert said ya gonna get yer watch ? She knew :LOL::LOL:

Chervil

Site Supporter
Starting to think that watches are a generation thing. I wouldn't be without one. However I can't remember seeing a student with a watch, it's all mobiles, or asking me to tell them the time because they can't read the analogue clocks in the classroom!