Watches.

nejohn

I always wear a watch and if I forget to put one on I am aware all day that something is missing, always on the left wrist, I have a bit of a collection , current favourites are an Oris Bc3 , a Certina precidrive and a vintage Roamer searock

AdeB

Treated myself to a Tag from money left to me, feels strange if I don't have it on.

Last edited:

norm

Site Supporter
I took my phone in to the apple shop to get a new battery yesterday and they asked me to call back at 4.50pm . I don’t wear a watch I was so lost without my phone

Chervil

Site Supporter
Whilst I have a couple of semi-decent dress watches, I tended to wear Casios and a Baby G for work. However, since earlier in the year I have been wearing a Fitbit charge 2. I have always worn my watch on my left wrist, but as I am left handed, have to wear it on my right, which took a bit of getting used to.

As an aside I still have a number of students 16+, who cannot tell the time with the analogue clocks we have in the classrooms.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
never, they are thieves of time

though i do own three,

one is a pocket watch, quite a big thing, it has SER engraved on the back, presumably a watch issued by the South Eastern Railway

one is a Sekonda automatic stainless steel wristwatch, bought for me a a christmas present in my youth by my old dad (a good Soviet watch, allus made me smile that)

The third is my old fishing mates watch, after he died of a heart attack fishing boddington ressie, his old mum gave me it to remember him by, ( not that Im ever gonna forget the good times we had together on the bank)

lliopp

Site Supporter
Nearly always wear a watch, the beater is a mainly a so far hassle free citizen eco drive. I have a few automatics for special events. However my favorite is my granddads wind up gold retirement watch.

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
I wear a watch all the time. My last one cost me a fiver from a charity shop. Had it 6 years now and only had to replace the battery once. I'ts a Pulsar chronograph and good up to 100 metres in water, and reliable.
Youll need it to be water proof as if you beat Sly again you maybe going swimming. 😆😆😆 I'm just saying. 👍

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
I cant go out without wearing a watch. Bit of a watch collector, must have at least 18 at the last count😂

Burton Bridge

My friend has a very expensive watch and loves it, other mates have them as a dressing up thing. To me I don't care a hoot, I think the idea of them is outdated but a watch is not to tell the time more, I'm not into tarting myself up so this might be why?

floatfisher44

Used to have a Smiths Watch, ex father, but it wore out. Replaced for last 40 years or so with a
Seiko Quartz, New Battery ever few years, keeps time with the radio pips and is on my left wrist
all the time during the day.Whatever is happening.

Barbelcatcher

Site Supporter
The mechanical engineering aspect of a good "old" watch - 1800's is to be believed. My great grandfathers wall clock, keeps to within 1 minute per month, only needing tweaking when the weather gets very warm or extremely cold (pendulum driven). I will post a photograph later. Been going since I believe 1860's. Also have several old pocket watches,; Omega Rolex etc,

pauln

Dreadexit
Site Supporter
I like winding watches ( and pocket watches ) I love winding and hearing them tick
Cheap battery watches for fishing side tray.

bigdavewsf

ive a breitling navimeter,i only wear it on special occasions nowadays really, its a heavy bugger and gets on my nerves nowadays

feldri

Site Supporter
Always had a watch. Would feel undressed without. Had a Casio eco-drive for over 20 years but buttons stopped working and £120 to have it fixed.
Have two battery powered watches but got fed up with having to go down town to get batteries replaced. So, just last August I bought a Seiko solar powered watch which hasn't lost or gained since I got it.

TrickyD

Site Supporter
For those who wear watches on their right hand, they do left handed watches
1545837547200.png1545837547200.png

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H T B The Club House 12
S The Club House 20
B The Club House 3
baboboy The Club House 11
Chris Watson The Club House 37