Watches.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Do you wear a watch? I know that in this day and age virtually everyone carries a mobile and has a clock display on it but I'm utterly lost without a watch on my wrist,
So much so that on waking up this morning to find that my watch had stopped I've had to go and battle the Christmas crowds in town to get a battery fitted as I just didn't feel right without a working watch on my wrist.

watch.jpg

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Ive wore a Watch for as long as i can remember and have a few, the one im wearing now is an automatic so no battery neded.A668E200-6550-45C7-B657-0DCDF04F3070.jpeg

Last edited:

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
I have always worn a watch and like and like Peter said i am also lost without one.
I don't know how they sell the cheap ones for such a small amount.
It can cost you more for a battery than the watch cost.
They also keep good time as well.

Sportsman

I have a Rolex that I was given as a safety award in the early 1980s. It loses two minutes a week.
I am currently wearing a 10 Euro Chinese watch from Aliexpress. I doubt it loses two minutes a year. When the battery goes I will get a new watch.

Arch

Site Supporter
Only time I wear a watch is if I'm in a match.

lp1886

@ wise owl you should put a Guru sticker on that. Nice watch though fella.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Owt Orange mate ;) Soon as our Gert saw i she got me it for Xmas a few year back (y)

Total

Site Supporter
Yes, have always worn a watch. My current one is a mid priced Casio model that keeps decent time and is also automatic.

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
I had not worn a watch for a couple of years but this year SWMBO decided to treat meIMG_20181223_135520.jpg

And yes I am in the local pub!!!!

Arch

Site Supporter
Right or left wrist ??

Right for me.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
Same here, lost without it, Mrs Maesknoll is into Rolex watches, they don’t keep good time, whereas these £14.99 Casio’s are absolutely brilliant. Waterproof, work proof and keep exact time.

CF683D15-677C-45CA-B97F-C80732C241F1.jpeg

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I've a couple of Tissot watches and one other but don't wear them unless dressing up

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Ditto though for me it is probably nearer 40 years.

I used to wear a pocket watch to work when I wore three piece suits.

I have a very good sense of elapsed time and often when out with The Boss I will tell her the time without reference to a watch or clock and am normally within ten minutes of being correct.

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
our lass bought me a cheap Seiko watch £60.00 or so,took in in to be serviced the lady behind the counter asked if I would like to sit down,then came the price £200 as it is an auto,according to the counter lady as the watch is that cheap most people just wear them till they pack in then bin them
right wrist,have done so for as long as I have worn a watch.

emmaemma

Site Supporter
I never wear a watch or any jewellery as i get a rash. I even varnish belt buckles as they sometimes come into contact with my skin.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
spanky The Club House 0
H T B The Club House 12
62tucker The Club House 8
spanky The Club House 49
1 The Club House 12