Two films i've been waiting to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Have been announced recently and made me feel like a kid again [:D]

First off last week they revealed the name of the second part of Independance Day

http://www.movieinsider.com/m7730/independence-day-2/

Then today they reveal Maverick is making his long awaited return in Topgun 2!

http://www.tfmradio.co.uk/showbiz/the-buzz/top-gun-2-announced-and-tom-cruises-maverick-to-return/

iammrb

Site Supporter
Neither should happened they were closed story's.

Independence day : job done .
Top Gun : job done

Milking the cow has its limitations

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
If they're anything like the film 'San Adreas ' I went to see the other night, save your money and get a takeaway instead

What a waste of time and money it was. Typical yank ex-husband saves ex missus and half the world without breaking out in a sweat and no three minute clip of the President addressing the nation - plus there wasn't the usual doggy survivor in it either [:)]

hoghunter

Originally posted by iammrb

Neither should happened they were closed story's.

Independence day : job done .
Top Gun : job done

Milking the cow has its limitations
Got to agree, both great movies but both stories are done and dusted...

If Will Smith is giving ID2 a wide berth then so will I...

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
the problem is just after ID was released and finished it's "run" there was talk of leaving it 5yrs for the Aliens to regroup and call in reinforcements....ok it's taken a bit longer than 5yrs but at least it's happening!

When you consider the film franchises of today they use every possible excuse/turn of events/story line to keep it going....look at Terminator, after Arnie was lowered into the boiling vat of molten metal there should have been no way skynet could exist...but yet again we have a new film!

The twilights, harry potters, halloween, nightmare on elm streets, fast and furious, jurassic parks and numerous other films...all being done to get as much as possible out of the story lines before it all comes crashing down, maybe the return of these two films will make a difference!

iammrb

Site Supporter
Harry Potter & the hobbit ,matrix (not mentioned I know ) were never going to be singular productions.

" what films deserve a sequel " would be a good thread. Where's Everhard when you need him ?

groundhog

Life Survivor
Site Supporter
[:)] I somehow don't think Val kilmer will be featuring as iceman in topgun2,having seen a recent photo of him on the net,talk about bloated in the face[:0]
[:T]

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Apocalypse now

apocalypse very soon ? tomorrow ? last week ?............

hoghunter

Originally posted by groundhog

[:)] I somehow don't think Val kilmer will be featuring as iceman in topgun2,having seen a recent photo of him on the net,talk about bloated in the face[:0]
I think Iceman's wingman is Colonel Sanders now [:D]

willsmodger

No Will Smith? Aww, all the best moments in ID had Will involved.
I liked the way the original found time for humorous moments, like the funny scene with Harry Connick jr.
Nowadays films are all crash bang wallop, cut for pace and never letting the film breathe for a while.

Star Wars, Ghostbusters (with females as the crew I believe), the endless Marvel and DC comics adaptations, Terminator, Alien, Predators, you name it, they have dug up the past and repackaged it.

Don't the modern generation of whizzkids have any original ideas of their own?

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Haven't visited the cinema since Star Trek Generations was doing the rounds and I doubt that I ever will again as it was a totally rubbish experience. The film was poo too!

An uncomfortable experience and expensive too so having home cinema I can smoke, drink, pause the flick when I need a slash and spend the cash on a takeaway!!

Movies I am anxiously waiting to see are: Avatar 2 has got to be my most awaited film and anything to do with Star Trek comes a close second...

Status
Not open for further replies.