TUI HOLIDAYS

Ruddles #

We're in the same predicament but with Jet2 , holiday booked for mid June and with the balance to pay in the next couple of weeks.

Do we go or don't we?
Do we pay the balance and then wait for them to cancel if the situation is still ongoing, to get a full refund?
Do we cancel now and lose the deposit as per their T&Cs?
If the holiday does go ahead will anywhere be open at the destination?

Plus the big one, being self-employed, could we still afford to go bearing in mind there's three months between now and then?

From what I can gather any cancellation is subject to their terms and conditions. In order not to lose any deposits or monies paid you need them to cancel to the holiday, not you
We in exactly the same boat go on 23 june we tui

dave the fish

Site Supporter
I have been fairly lucky compared to some of you.
Was due to go with Scenic river cruises (a company based in Australia) they were originally offering money back less third party costs of flight and hotel and £200 admin fee. I went to cancel but was advised to wait and basically “Don’t blink first”
Good advice as after a few days they cancelled and offered either all money back or a future booking for 125% of money I’d paid.

I don’t know what to do about a cruise to Iceland in September with final payment due in June as I can cancel up until end July and get all money back including deposit. But do I really want to be on a cruise ship this year.

nomorelongwalks

Mark Spitz
Site Supporter
Me and the boys are supposed to be going to Benidorm 12th May (Doesn't look like it is going to happen)
Not sure who we booked with, Sister books it for us , mate pays it all on credit card , we pay him.

Been told we have 2 choices, defer until later in the year, or full refund, we will wait to see before making a decision.
All in all not a bad choice to have to make.

ae111sr

Site Supporter
Has anyone tried to get a refund on holidays booked yet ,we have £3500 tied up in one to fly in june ,i know its not going .just curious if they are giving a full refund. their web site lets you amend or cancel .but i dont want to hit the cancel button and be out of pocket
They are not answering phones, not responding on their Facebook page nor on Twitter, no response to emails. They are a bunch of money grabbing numpties who don't want to give you your money back - personal opinion of course. I have a two week trip to Florida booked for 4 weeks time and a week in Kefalonia at the end of June, I recko I can kiss goodbye to both of those and don't see me getting any money back. I'm going to be sending a letter by registered post and see where that gets me. Also had an email from them today saying their call centre staff are all working from home !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keith

Gandhi
Site Supporter
I had a look at the Travel insurance with Jet2 and as far as I can make out if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office advise you not to visit the area then you are entitled to a refund.

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
I have been fairly lucky compared to some of you.
Was due to go with Scenic river cruises (a company based in Australia) they were originally offering money back less third party costs of flight and hotel and £200 admin fee. I went to cancel but was advised to wait and basically “Don’t blink first”
Good advice as after a few days they cancelled and offered either all money back or a future booking for 125% of money I’d paid.

I don’t know what to do about a cruise to Iceland in September with final payment due in June as I can cancel up until end July and get all money back including deposit. But do I really want to be on a cruise ship this year.
I think it would be a very long time before I wanted to be on a ship or a plane.........

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave The Club House 48
Dusty Rhodes The Club House 72
Dave Fishing Talk 34
S Fishing Talk 43
baboboy The Club House 15