Tricast Excellence pro

Geoff Selby

Recently bought 2 no3 sections , short and long , for trilogy2 brilliant service from Weston pools and Tricast had them within a week .

Billboy 1949

To be fair I think the fault is possibly due to LTB not ordering your section through the correct channel or at all by the sound of things.

Now let's assume they did as they said three weeks ago. I'm pretty sure you would have had your section by now. Unfortunately because they haven't you are back to square one.
I don't think you can blame Tricasts customer service at all, as they have been upfront with you saying they haven't had an order for one.
Might be advisable to go back to LTB and ask them why they didn't order it using the correct procedures.
Will ring Tricast on Monday and asking the section as been ordered.

Fred Davis

It's a shambles Billboy you think after phoning both tricast and LTB someone would get there a*se in gear and sort this out, just shear complacency with both blaming each other, I would feel as gutted as you Billboy best of luck. It's ok one geezer offering superb after sales shame the rest of the team aren't on board. It seems to me to always be somebody else's fault these days no accountability.

Billboy 1949

It's a shambles Billboy you think after phoning both tricast and LTB someone would get there a*se in gear and sort this out, just shear complacency with both blaming each other, I would feel as gutted as you Billboy best of luck.
Won't be a problem now Fred, bought a daiwa tournament pole second hand, will cancel the order on Monday and sell the excellence pro for spares, and they can both swivel

Spadger123

I had no trouble with LTB, they where superb when I dealt with them over my Excellence Pro as where Tri Cast tbf.

The only issue I had was them changing the mandrel on the new EP so my tops wouldn't fit. That really racked me off.

davylad

Site Supporter
Only been waiting nearly 3wks for a no7 section for a excellence pro and can't get a delivery date, got to make one. Don't call that good after sales
Yeah but if you don't tell them you want one, (not your fault) you'll wait forever whatever make it is.

Blanks

Site Supporter
Sounds as though you are unfortunate that SH has gone on holiday just when you need a section. LTB should have got on to this as they are the retailer, could they not take a section from a pole they have in stock and replace with the new section?
Don't get wound up, ring tricast explain the situation and I am sure they will be on to it, I have had good experiences with tricast.

Billboy 1949

Yeah but if you don't tell them you want one, (not your fault) you'll wait forever whatever make it is.
Told by Leigh Tackle and bait( gav) that they have ordered it. Lesley Tricast says they haven't, who do you believe.

richox12

But who have LTB ordered it with ???? A salesman, sales agent ???? Middleman / Distributor ???? They said they hadn't ordered it through the office (direct). So it's not TriCast's fault at all.

Did you ask Tri-Cast if you could buy one direct ? Did you ask Tr-Cast if you could order one from another dealer etc etc ???

Also since when does cleaning a pole after every use or buying a high-end pole entitle anyone to extra or special treatment with 'better' service ???? First come first served in my book.

Billboy 1949

But who have LTB ordered it with ???? A salesman, sales agent ???? Middleman / Distributor ???? They said they hadn't ordered it through the office (direct). So it's not TriCast's fault at all.

Did you ask Tri-Cast if you could buy one direct ? Did you ask Tr-Cast if you could order one from another dealer etc etc ???

Also since when does cleaning a pole after every use or buying a high-end pole entitle anyone to extra or special treatment with 'better' service ???? First come first served in my book.
Hi Rich - the problem is I don't know who's at fault but will find out Mon when I ring Tricast to find out what's gone on. Didn't ask Tricast could I order one through them cause I trusted Ltb to obtain one for me. Not sure what your on about cleaning my pole or special treatment, never have received special treatment for cleaning my pole, it's called looking after your equipment.

Newlease

Site Supporter
I believe Tri-Cast, don’t deal direct with the public, alas.

lliopp

Site Supporter
While it's an obviously distressing situation for you. And I have no idea about tricast poles I would suggest you order some 5 and 6 sections for the daiwa now. Definitely put some electrical tape in your box so you don't get carbon splinter's when you have to telescope broken sections. Sadly after my experience, you have just jumped out of the frying pan, into the fire.
I really hope to be wrong, good luck.

Billboy 1949

While it's an obviously distressing situation for you. And I have no idea about tricast poles I would suggest you order some 5 and 6 sections for the daiwa now. Definitely put some electrical tape in your box so you don't get carbon splinter's when you have to telescope broken sections. Sadly after my experience, you have just jumped out of the frying pan, into the fire.
I really hope to be wrong, good luck.
Let's hope so,thanks for the comments

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
I use a tri cast pole, once broke a section which was my own fault and section arrived within 10 days,ordered it through a local tackle shop and I was standing there when local tackle shop phoned my order in to the Tricast office.
You seem to be blaming Tri-cast for some reason when the blame clearly lays with the person who you ordered the pole section from, it's not Tri Cast you need to stop dealing with it's who ever you ordered the section from. once you called Tricast and they said the section was not on order you should have ordered from another tackle shop, backward step in my opinion going to a Daiwa Tournement, long 4s are weak as f.....

ps I have owned a Daiwa t

Billboy 1949

I use a tri cast pole, once broke a section which was my own fault and section arrived within 10 days,ordered it through a local tackle shop and I was standing there when local tackle shop phoned my order in to the Tricast office.
You seem to be blaming Tri-cast for some reason when the blame clearly lays with the person who you ordered the pole section from, it's not Tri Cast you need to stop dealing with it's who ever you ordered the section from. once you called Tricast and they said the section was not on order you should have ordered from another tackle shop, backward step in my opinion going to a Daiwa Tournement, long 4s are weak as f.....

ps I have owned a Daiwa t
Sorry Chris but I don't know who to blame yet, but I will do on Monday

nejohn

I have had nothing but good service from tri-cast, they managed to supply a tip section for a float rod that I needed (totally my fault) the rod had been out of production for about 20 yeara, ok it was a slightly differnt colour to the original. Also when I wanted to try a pole I ordered one in to view with my local tackle shop and left my number so they could let me know when it came in...I got a phone call from the tri-cast rep to arrange a time when I was going into the shop so he could be there and give me a full demo of the pole. Also got friends that have nothing but praise for Tri-cast aftersales service

Billboy 1949

I have had nothing but good service from tri-cast, they managed to supply a tip section for a float rod that I needed (totally my fault) the rod had been out of production for about 20 yeara, ok it was a slightly differnt colour to the original. Also when I wanted to try a pole I ordered one in to view with my local tackle shop and left my number so they could let me know when it came in...I got a phone call from the tri-cast rep to arrange a time when I was going into the shop so he could be there and give me a full demo of the pole. Also got friends that have nothing but praise for Tri-cast aftersales service
I believe Steve Hopkinson is a great guy just a pity he is on holiday for 2wks would have sorted this pretty quick. Looks like Ltb messing me about