Tricast Excellence pro

Billboy 1949

Well after all the hype about this pole, would like to give you an honest opinion.
Bought this pole about 13mts ago from Leigh Tackle and bait for £2400 pounds, found it a pleasure to fish with after many yrs with daiwa. Recently had the misfortune to suffer wind damage to my 7th section, had this repaired,but went again in different place.
Decided to purchase a new one, told by Ltb that it would have to be made and would cost £265 . Ordered one and was told 2wks this as still not arrived, also the graphics on the 14.5 MTR section are poor. This pole as been cleaned after every use and I am so disappointed with the service received from Tricast. This pole was supposed to be the dogs ******** of all poles, just goes to show you can't believe everything you read.

Paul.P

Billboy, if I was you i'd ring Tricast & ask to speak to Steve Hopkinson ( 01706 861807 ), who is there sales director, as you don't know if its Tricast that has actually caused the delay, just cause you ordered one through a retailer, doesn't mean they ordered it straight away through the manufacturer, i'd be most surprised it has took them this long, when I've had problems in the past they've sorted it within a couple of days. Gotta be worth a phone call ?

Billboy 1949

Billboy, if I was you i'd ring Tricast & ask to speak to Steve Hopkinson ( 01706 861807 ), who is there sales director, as you don't know if its Tricast that has actually caused the delay, just cause you ordered one through a retailer, doesn't mean they ordered it straight away through the manufacturer, i'd be most surprised it has took them this long, when I've had problems in the past they've sorted it within a couple of days. Gotta be worth a phone call ?
Thanks will do

Fred Davis

Lets hope they sort you out Billboy your experience of this highly rated pole doesn't sound great.

Billboy 1949

Lets hope they sort you out Billboy your experience of this highly rated pole doesn't sound great.
Rang them again today, still no idea when section will arrive. Would not expect this wait for a flagship pole section, will sell this pole when section arrives bye tricast

Simon Walsh

Site Supporter
I spoke to Rodger at Tricast told him I’d been fishing with 2 of my mates, they both had Diawa Air’s. Where we were fishing needed over 16mtrs and because they had the parallel number 4 they could reach the far shelf where the carp were feeding, unfortunately I couldn’t . Rodger said if I’d had a dolly that went in the 16.1 metre section would I have been able to reach answer was yes. Rodger made me one, so my experience is great customer service. Let’s hope you get sorted👍

Billboy 1949

I spoke to Rodger at Tricast told him I’d been fishing with 2 of my mates, they both had Diawa Air’s. Where we were fishing needed over 16mtrs and because they had the parallel number 4 they could reach the far shelf where the carp were feeding, unfortunately I couldn’t . Rodger said if I’d had a dolly that went in the 16.1 metre section would I have been able to reach answer was yes. Rodger made me one, so my experience is great customer service. Let’s hope you get sorted👍
So do I thanks Simon

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Rang them again today, still no idea when section will arrive. Would not expect this wait for a flagship pole section, will sell this pole when section arrives bye tricast
So you haven't phoned Tricast as suggested? It would seem to obvious thing to do.

Billboy 1949

So you haven't phoned Tricast as suggested? It would seem to obvious thing to do.
Phoned Tricast sales manager on holiday, spoke to Lesley who told me they were having there dinner ,she rang me back and said Ltb hadn't ordered the 7th section. I asked her to check, she confirmed no order. I rang Ltb to ask them why they hadn't ordered the 7 th section, they said they had but don't go through the office?

Paul.P

As I thought tbh, so Tricast hadn't received the order, indeed I do believe you can still buy the Excellence Pro, so there definitely wouldn't be an issue with a section. Don't suppose you asked when Steve Hopkinson was back off his holidays ?, only reason I ask is because i'm pretty sure he would be horrified to hear your story !

Paul.P

By the way, I do have a lot of time for LTB, they have always been very helpful to me, however, just lately there seems to of been a lot of confusion within, as one doesn't seem to know what the other is or has done, which is a shame & I hope they address this asap.

Billboy 1949

As I thought tbh, so Tricast hadn't received the order, indeed I do believe you can still buy the Excellence Pro, so there definitely wouldn't be an issue with a section. Don't suppose you asked when Steve Hopkinson was back off his holidays ?, only reason I ask is because i'm pretty sure he would be horrified to hear your story !
Steve Hopkinson on holiday for 2wks Paul

Paul.P

Steve's normally the guy who sorts out things like this straight away, if I was you i'd ring tricast again Monday morning explaining the situation & ask if they still haven't had the order come through, if you could deal with them direct as your desperate to use your pole, & if they can't do that ask them there advice as to the quickest way you are going to get this section.

Nobby_nobbs

Site Supporter
Steve is a great guy to deal with. Local emporium used to deal with Tricast and on one Saturday Steve took time out to talk through the options when I was looking at buying my Pro 2.
In fact he even delivered it to the shop two weeks later, and has even dropped tip kits off if he is passing by.
The shop has since changed hands and that level of service has now gone.

Billboy 1949

Steve is a great guy to deal with. Local emporium used to deal with Tricast and on one Saturday Steve took time out to talk through the options when I was looking at buying my Pro 2.
In fact he even delivered it to the shop two weeks later, and has even dropped tip kits off if he is passing by.
The shop has since changed hands and that level of service has now gone.
Sounds like a great guy Steve Hopkinson, just don't know who to believe for this nightmare Nobby

davylad

Site Supporter
I've never had any problems whatsoever with Tricast, in fact I'd go the opposite and say they offer brilliant after sales.

Billboy 1949

I've never had any problems whatsoever with Tricast, in fact I'd go the opposite and say they offer brilliant after sales.
Only been waiting nearly 3wks for a no7 section for a excellence pro and can't get a delivery date, got to make one. Don't call that good after sales

JLK

To be fair I think the fault is possibly due to LTB not ordering your section through the correct channel or at all by the sound of things.

Now let's assume they did as they said three weeks ago. I'm pretty sure you would have had your section by now. Unfortunately because they haven't you are back to square one.
I don't think you can blame Tricasts customer service at all, as they have been upfront with you saying they haven't had an order for one.
Might be advisable to go back to LTB and ask them why they didn't order it using the correct procedures.