Tri-cast XSTrilogy trilogy competition whip

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobSgor

Hi, can anyone give me any feedback about the Tri-cast XS Trilogy competition whip?
I was about to buy the Diawa Arity system whip but The reviews I have read edged me away from this so I am now looking at the Tri-cast whip. Any info would be great. Thanks Bob.

rjays

Bob..for what its worth...there is a video on youtube with Dave Roberts fishing with a Tri-cast whip...looks a top bit of kit from the video but like I say...For what its worth as they are unlikely to show any faults...As a free choice I would go for the Tri-cast every time.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
wondering about the reviews you have read about the daiwa whip

I own two tourny pro whips plus various extra sections and top kits that allow me to have 4 set up, lengths from just the top kit to the full 10mtrs

the airity whip is just a re-paint, re-brand of the tourney, I bought one too, but sold it on as I found no difference to it compared to what I already possesed,

the tourney is a very good whip-light pole, ideal with the flick tips for eyes and arses, and with the elasticated tops out to the full 10mtrs as a light silverfish pole (and it has in my case handled carp to 9-10lb with judicious playing)

its acknowledged as a market leader and no one I know who uses it on lakes, canals and flowing water has ever had a bad word about it,

its light, thin in the hand even at full length, strong, spares-extra sections freely available, and relatively cheap overall

frankg

Site Supporter
Originally posted by bobSgor

Hi, can anyone give me any feedback about the Tri-cast XS Trilogy competition whip?
I was about to buy the Diawa Arity system whip but The reviews I have read edged me away from this so I am now looking at the Tri-cast whip. Any info would be great. Thanks Bob.
I've got the Tricast, including the 1m extension....great bit of kit. The whip tops will handle good fish and when used with the hollow tops it makes a great easy to handle 9m pole. It's strong, as can be seen in the video on the Tricast website mentioned above.

Paul.P

Have to say, I had a tourney whip for years & never had any problems with it, although it was never used for carp. I havn't got the tricast whip, but have discussed it with several suppliers in view to the possibility of buying one, & they all say its a great bit of kit.

Breac

I am intending to start pole fishing for the first time soon.
I have decided to start with te airity whip system before splashing out on a decent full pole. I will use it as a whip and a short pole.
I have more or less decided to elasticate the two match kits with blue hydro, would you experienced owners think that was OK.
It will mostly be used on a deep river with decent perch and the odd bream being the biggest fish likely.
I will also be using it on a canal occassionally.

frankg

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Breac

I am intending to start pole fishing for the first time soon.
I have decided to start with te airity whip system before splashing out on a decent full pole. I will use it as a whip and a short pole.
I have more or less decided to elasticate the two match kits with blue hydro, would you experienced owners think that was OK.
It will mostly be used on a deep river with decent perch and the odd bream being the biggest fish likely.
I will also be using it on a canal occassionally.
Breac....you won't regret it, they are lovely to use as a slim, light pole and, as a whip...superb!
I can't speak with any knowledge of blue hydro....I've got Middy Hi-viz solids in mine...a 4-6, 6-8, 8-10 and 10-12 (I bought more spare tops).

Breac

Hi Frank, thanks for your reply.
I was going by daiwas recommendation of a No 6 elastic being the most you should use???
This is why i wanted advice from people who actually use the Airity, l can assume from your reply that it is Ok to use heavier elastics if you are careful not to put to much strain on the pole? I chose blue Hydro because it is rated 5-8.

Breac

Ah! I just re read your original reply and noticed you use the Tricast not the Airity, never mind, thanks for your trouble anyway.

frankg

Site Supporter
Originally posted by Breac

Ah! I just re read your original reply and noticed you use the Tricast not the Airity, never mind, thanks for your trouble anyway.
No problem Breac.....I was talking about system whips in general. I'm sure some Airity owners would be able to tell you the max elastic to use. System whips are a different beast to a straight, ordinary whip and are generally much stronger. If the blue is 5-8 it should handle that with no problem.
To be quite honest i'm surprised that Daiwa only recommend a 6 maximum!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.