Top kits -Newbie

robwigan

Hello,

I only got one top kit with my 8m white knuckle thriller middy pole which has 18-20 blue rated elastic. Im going to be fishing for smaller fish than this and commercials with any and all sorts of fish so this is way too heavy. I am looking at another top kit but its £40.00, is there a way ican get a generic top kit not made by middy and throw some 10 elastic in it?

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
hi,if you measure the dia of the no4(i think)got mine of ebay...think i got 4 top kits for about £50

crayfishtraps

Site Supporter
if you go to your local tackle shop with the (no4) section(i think)and see if they have any in the shop

Dusty Rhodes

Hello,

I only got one top kit with my 8m white knuckle thriller middy pole which has 18-20 blue rated elastic. Im going to be fishing for smaller fish than this and commercials with any and all sorts of fish so this is way too heavy. I am looking at another top kit but its £40.00, is there a way ican get a generic top kit not made by middy and throw some 10 elastic in it?
Get a universal top kit, the drennan ones are decent but at 8m any will do to be honest!
I would go with something like a 10-12 to cover most bases but ideally would like another kit with something lighter for silverfish.

warrington63

Go and see Steve or Gavin at Leigh Tackle and Bait, they will sort you out. Or there is North West Angling at Hindley, Or Coppull Anglers.

tedstriker

if those are like the avanti top kits then at least 2ft needs to be cut back to fir the middy

G0zzer2

Site Supporter
Not all universal top kits will fit; but generic top kits will. Cheapest is to take the pole into a shop and try the various universal tops.

Boggis51

tailgunner
Site Supporter
Always try the drennan ones first, I used them when I had a Middy mx10 and they were perfect.

robwigan

cheers going to go in tomorrow with my pole and see what my options are, i always feel a bit self conscious going in places like tackle shops without any idea, feel like a compelte idiot

Pokerstar

Site Supporter
Don’t feel like that at all my friend.
It’s in their interests to help you catch fish.
And obviously to sell you the gear to do so!