Tollerton lakes

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
Hi all I’m after a bit of info regarding baits and methods at Tollerton.
I’m fishing a match there on the 17th and was wondering what species could be on the agenda ??
All info greatly received 👍🏼

steve king

The One and Only
If you are on Heron then target the Barbel either down the margins or just the top two straight in front of you feed plenty of maggots to get them going maggot on the hook so you might want 6 pints plus.
Also there are Skimmers and F1's so you might get quiet a mixed bag hope this helps a little and let us know how the match went.

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
If you are on Heron then target the Barbel either down the margins or just the top two straight in front of you feed plenty of maggots to get them going maggot on the hook so you might want 6 pints plus.
Also there are Skimmers and F1's so you might get quiet a mixed bag hope this helps a little and let us know how the match went.
Would you fish white or red maggot Steve ?
Thanks for the info

steve king

The One and Only
When I fished it Reds where the preferred choice but I suppose it what they fancy on the day.
They might go for the whites but they might be a little slower at taking them it will be trial and error at this time of year what with water temperature and colour take a few of each colour maggs give your 20 minutes on each and see what works the best then keep in simple after that you could easy do 50 -70 lbs

Brythebagger

Site Supporter
When I fished it Reds where the preferred choice but I suppose it what they fancy on the day.
They might go for the whites but they might be a little slower at taking them it will be trial and error at this time of year what with water temperature and colour take a few of each colour maggs give your 20 minutes on each and see what works the best then keep in simple after that you could easy do 50 -70 lbs
Thanks again mate. I’ll let you know how I get on