The wife thinks I've finally cracked up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
...it's been a bit of a busy couple of weeks back here and work as usual is dominating my life, not that I'm complaining though [:D]
Anyway, one or two things have been a bit neglected, not least my fishing but that's on the backseat at the moment, for now [:)]
My pond is looking a little sad and overgrown, mind you it blends in nicely with the overgrown garden lol, I keep telling the missus it's for the nature but I think that's starting to wear a bit thin [8)]

Anyway, finished work today a little earlier than anticipated so I made a phone call and picked up a ton of stone that had been salvaged earlier from a job. It's going to go around the pond partly to provide a little haven for the frogs, slugs and snails, but also to hide the liner and make it virtually Heron proof.

Hit problem number one - I got home with the truck creaking a little under the weight, packed with tools inside and a 'good' ton of boulders on the back, I can't drive around to the back garden so out came the trusty wheel barrow - Shock, horror, disgust, I had a flat tyre [:0]
Searched high and low for the puncture repair kit but it looks like the dogs must have eaten it, so out came the superglue and I cut a piece off the missus's washing up gloves lol [8D]
It worked, honest it did and I didn't think she'd notice for the time being anyway lol

A bit of humping and lumping and now theres a pile of stone in the back garden to jet wash off in the morning before placing into position. I've been told to get it done in the morning anyway lol

Next it's tea time and the missus was in the process of peeling a few spuds when I suddenly remembered I'd not fed my worms for a while - poor little mites, bet they were starving [xx(][:)]

Anyroad, I asked the missus if she'd mind putting on a few extra spuds to which she replied "No problem, are you hungry?"
"No more than normal love, it's for me worms"

"Eh?" came the reply
"Me worms in the garage, you know?"
"I'm not cooking bloody dinner for a tub of chuffin worms - you've lost the plot you have" - Or at least I think that's what she said lol

Anyway, dinner on the table and there's a nice little side helping of extra mashed 'taties for the poor starving little beggars lol
Trust me she didn't believe me until I fed them and showed her them lol

Dinner over and "Dave, I'll wash, you dry?" - gawd I hate drying up. One day when we get the kitchen started finished I'm going to get her one of those fangled automatic dish washer thingies - as long as they don't cost much to run though [;)]

Anyway, before I had the chance to say otherwise I was on the receiving end of a bellow from the kitchen "What the heck happened to my gloves?? !! There's a chuffin piece missing out of them !!"

I did try to explain but somehow I got the feeling that we married lads all grow to be familiar with now and again, and that's sometimes it's best not to try to talk your way out of a situation, but to offer silence instead [8D][:eek:)]

....But love, I had a punctu......ure [B)]

HarryOatcake

Hon. Life Member
Site Supporter
Sometimes think your a glutton for punishment Dave, [:eek:)]
or do you put it down to your Masochistic tendencies. [:D] [:D] [:D]

Harry.

simonelsey

only1 net empty
Dave youve mis spelled again . last bit should read

But love ,then I had a punch thrown at me .

Bill G

Grandad
dave you have got to learn that the female doesnt understand a worms needs , she thinks they live on dirt

BROADSMAN

I've tried the keep silent approach and found it makes matters worse [B)] the trouble with our good ladies is they don't understand us but we are supposed to understand them [8D]

dirk

Site Supporter
Hope you remember the puncture repair kit for next weekend, because I won't be wearing any gloves Dave [;)][:p]

al

the singing angler
no matter how your feeling
daves storys always put a smile on your face

dirk

Site Supporter
Unless they're sad of course [:D]

steak

Left hand drawer
Site Supporter
I would have thought she should have been grateful for having gloves in the first place [:D][:D][:D]

Steak.

Status
Not open for further replies.