The trouble with football.

davylad

Site Supporter
Just watching the cup final, and quite enjoying it to be honest. That was until Giroud went down as though he'd been shot, screaming like a baby. There was minimal contact and the bloke should be ashamed of himself, the sooner they cut this out the better, the ******

H T B

Site Supporter
Just watching the cup final, and quite enjoying it to be honest. That was until Giroud went down as though he'd been shot, screaming like a baby. There was minimal contact and the bloke should be ashamed of himself, the sooner they cut this out the better, the ******
A rule I'd like to be seen brought in is: -

If you feign injury, the referee is allowed to give you a slap.
If feigning injury to try and get a player sent off, the ref gives you a slap, then the player you tried to get sent off, gives you a slap.

Then the ref sends you off.

Back to the changing room, and all your team are allowed to give you a slap.

davylad

Site Supporter
It was a bad decision to get the Chelsea bloke sent off, a shame they couldn't us VAR.

tonerain

Site Supporter
Pathetic, wasn't it?
Giroud was not alone in acting either. They were all at it. Xhaka got the Chelsea lad sent off, even though he stood on the Chelsea lad's foot.

Thought I was watching the BAFTA's.

The combination of play acting and no crowds is killing my liking for football.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
I’d be interested to know if it’s changed now but when I was at school you’d never show pain even if you were injured unless it seriously hurt and you’d never go down easily as you’d just get labelled a wimp so it is weird that professionals my age behave like they do. Must be the money and desperation to win.

davylad

Site Supporter
I didn’t see var look at it. 🤷‍♂️
They look but don't always necessary stop the game if it's not a foul, but they showed you it at the end of the match. I agree he looked well out of his area at the time, but the ball is clearly behind the line.

davylad

Site Supporter
I’d be interested to know if it’s changed now but when I was at school you’d never show pain even if you were injured unless it seriously hurt and you’d never go down easily as you’d just get labelled a wimp so it is weird that professionals my age behave like they do. Must be the money and desperation to win.
In a way you can't really blame them, as they've almost certainly been taught from being young, how to dive, or try to get a free kick etc. One thing for sure every team has them.

Silverfisher

Site Supporter
Does make you wonder if it is almost encouraged by the clubs as outside of football a mans pride would stop them doing such things lol

PearTree

Calder Exile
All part of the game now unfortunately, together with disrespecting the referee.

Kids see their idols doing it on tv every weekend and follow suit.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Like all forms of cheating, if it works and you get away with it then you carry on doing it. I had hoped that VAR or at least post match video review would root out "simulation". But as always the football authorities are too frightened of the clubs and money men to take a stand.

fishcatcher4

Site Supporter
It must go on with the acceptance of the manager or even encouraging it.

The managers could stop it if they wanted but they only moan when they are the receiving end.

nejohn

Site Supporter
It must go on with the acceptance of the manager or even encouraging it.

The managers could stop it if they wanted but they only moan when they are the receiving end.
The FA could stop it in a month if they had the balls to do it. The diving is encouraged by the managers as there is a feeling that you will never get a referee to give a foul if you stay on your feet so the they are encouraged to go to ground at the slightest contact. What would stop it almost instantly is if all games were reviewed on a Monday and any player found to be 'cheating' would receive a one match ban, however as the club gained an advantage they would also be fined... absolutely no use fining them in cash unless it ran into the hundreds of thousands... However a a fine of 3 points would hurt the club much more.... Once the FA had shown they mean business and dished a few of these points deductions out I have a feeling that the diving would come to an end.... If only the FA and EPL had a pair..!

160642fishing

Site Supporter
Unlucky Davylad,I thought there was an offside leading up to their second goal.