The git blog

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Sorry Pomp but they were hopeless for trotting as the rotor revolves the wrong way unless you're cack handed.:mad:
Fine on stillwaters though and I still have a Match that gets the odd outing coupled up with a Bob Church Boron Match rod. ;)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I remember the late Jan Porter saying he would wash the grease out of an MM and spray the inside with WD40 to give a fast reel albeit
one that didn`t last long. He seemed to do alright.

I want to go fishing in the morning but the two places I want to try {Hinxhill or Aldington} are out because of the rain. Can`t keep fishing
the same place all the time, roll on the better weather.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Hello Mick, HH is part of Maidstone victory, lovely old fashioned traditional looking water which is usually clear and it would
appear the tiny brook that feeds is passes through ground with iron in it, gives the fish beautiful deep colouring. Also being
in a dip it negates a lot of the noise from the roads and railway, fly in the ointment is the track in the wet.

Despite the powers that be trying to put all of Kent under concrete thankfully there are still a few places left where an angler
can find peace and quiet. My pet hate is listening to road traffic when I`m fishing, I don`t mind say if an angler has a transistor
radio next to him listening to the cricket or whatever but I remember the days when radios belted out music around the water
often two or three different stations, not keen on these personal stereo type thingies though, makes me feel isolated.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
i thought you were on about the big square old pit up the back of hinxhill,

the pond your on about is accessed off the A20 opposite where the road works are, (used to be the garden centre ?)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Hello again young Michael, yes I am on about the water that is opposite what was the garden centre.

I assume you mean the pit known as Naccolt? If so this is {as far as I know} now syndicate.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
I remember when victory took that pond over from the mush that ran it as a day ticket water

he sold all the fish that was in it before handing over the keys

in dodgy weather you used to park at the top and walk down

Pompous git

Site Supporter
As I understand it the fish were replaced with roach tench and crucians donated by the owners of Hartlylands. I like these small
waters. Not keen on leaving my car where it can be seen, mind you people would probably think it was dumped :)

Fished Naccolt many times mostly when it was free, whacking great tench that were turbocharged. I remember this water had a
silver ghost carp of several pounds, because this fish was distinctive it got noticed but if it was ordinary I would have assumed it
was just another fish. Easy to see how numbers can be exaggerated.

Total

Site Supporter
Looks like a stalking job from the bank, or if allowed/not too deep/suitable bank access etc, a wader job, catch one or two and move to another spot.....Depending on flow (and depth) trotting or legering between/ amongst the weed etc....Bread, maggot and worm....Effort equals reward....

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Watcha Total, I had largely given up on this stretch of river because of parking and its just that bit too far to cycle. Anyway after an
exhaustive search of the neighbourhood I have found somewhere to just about squeeze in within walking distance although tackle
will be a minimum, the vegetation is an absolute nightmare so if I can nab just the odd fish I will feel as though I have achieved
something.

Total

Site Supporter
Evening PG, Will certainly be worth the effort, but gear will need to be stepped to suit which may or may not sit well with you....I'd say give it a bash mate. What's to loose?

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Visit your local commercial and mix half a bag of red magic with a tin of hemp then form said mix into balls and chuck them in. All
things being equal you will have x number of carp climbing up your rod within a very short space of time. Whilst competing against
other anglers will always sort the wheat from the chaff it makes me laugh when anglers suggest theses places require skill.

While I`m whinging I have never used a feeder and never will, anglers who fish with these abominations are sperm of the devil.

On a whim I decided to cook something, or rather create something. So off I went to Tesco for the ingredients to make a trifle. Had an
unopened tin of custard powder in the cupboard so didn`t buy any but the custard turned out colourless and didn`t tastes of anything
turns out the custard powder had a use by date of 2012. Don`t usually pay much attention to sell by dates but I will in future.

Fishing this estate lake in the morning, three feet deep and very few features. Tench are the quarry so I`m just going to cover a few
square yards of lake bed with particles and lay on with bread.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave Spence The Club House 7
Pompous git The Politics Room 68
mickthechippy The Club House 7
E Fishing Talk 14
M The Club House 8