The git blog

Pompous git

Site Supporter
The camera is a Lumix T60. Fairly eejit proof, it needs to be!

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Transplanted some marrow plants an hour ago and managed to break one of the stems, `I will put a splint on it` says I jokingly. When I
looked an while later this is what the missis had done, Not sure if she is joking or not she`s certainly managed to keep a straight face.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Phew and double phew!! Thank dog Liverpool beat sperm, if sperm had won they would probably gone on to win the supercup as
well. There is only so much a lifelong gooner can take, happy PG :)

Been after a Diawa 3/4 breathable jacket but £150 is a bit steep, anyway got one for seventy five notes from Glasgow angling centre
and I`m really pleased with it. Lightweight, more pockets than you shake a stick at, yet more happiness :) :)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
I want that bird Esther McVey to be the next PM, not only is she nice to look at but she is a Liverpudlian. At least we will know
who to get in touch with if we want some cheap hub caps.

Before I retired I was a railwayman and often started in the early hours. I would get a sort of grunt from the missis as I left a cup
of tea by the bedside, it was the sort of grunt that said `got rid of him and I can have a nice lay in without being molested`. I get
the same feeling when I tell the missis I`m going fishing the next day, a sort of look that says `got rid of him for the morning`.

I intended to be up about seven this morning but nature called rather later than usual and I never got out of bed until just after
eight. Into the bathroom and a quick chat to my willy, people say that a mans best friend is his dog. No it isn`t, a mans best friend
is his chopper. It provides hours of fun, you know where it is {and where it has been} and you do not need to take it for walks.

With razor in hand I stare into the mirror, an image stares back. It has ears and a gob so it must be a head, I no longer recoil in
horror at this ghastly sight just a sort of resigned grimace, I do wish though that God had been a little bit kinder.

Breakfast is a sort of non event, porridge. A proper breakfast is bacon and eggs, not bothered about a sausage or tomatoes as long
as I have some buttered toast the basic bacon and eggs is fine.
It says on the porridge packet is will ensure a healthy heart, bit late. Years of too much booze and fags and the stress of getting up
to no good has taken its toll. My kids try to get me to eat muesli, not bloody likely! If I was to sweep the floor of the shed where I
keep my lawn mower and garden tools then put the contents of the dustpan in a bowl of said cereal it would probably improve it.

To be continued......

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Switch telly on, not seen the news for about nine hours. Check teletext, just as I thought the world is still turning.

Load twenty odd year old Mercedes, my car is old slow and staring to look scruffy just like me. There is only so much you can cover
up with hammerite. Some people say they love their cars but I genuinely do and when the old girl eventually meets the crusher I will
probably cry. Tried other cars but they are just not the same, mind you it makes a change driving a car with brakes that actually work.

Only ten minutes drive to my local club lakes and I pick a swim {number four top lake at Surrenden to be precise} which is a minutes
walk from the car park just in case the sky decides to empty.
In days of yore I would have a cigarette and atune to the river or lake, haven`t smoked for many years so now I just have a quick chat
with my imaginary friend about the teletext headlines.

Basic setup, thirteen foot ultralight with a small Shimano, two and a half maxima and tiny two number one waggler. Couple of missed
bites then a few sprat sized roach. All of a sudden something a bit bigger, lovely roach, I guess not quite a pound but not far away. The
mornings catch was meagre but a decent roach always makes my day.

Got some Adnams bitter in the fridge and a whacking great lump of shepherds pie which I will reheat until crunchy. The short journey
home will be a contented one.

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Hello Mick, nice having lakes close to home, for example I have turned up and they have been frozen over so at least I have not
driven miles for nothing.

In Norfolk next week and the whip will be getting a bashing, if all goes to plan I am going to treat myself to a diawa eight metre
jobby. Not really interested in pole fishing but eight metres would be perfect for the Bure at Wroxham where the roach are about
twenty feet out in the top three feet of water, prefer rod and line but a whip would be so much simpler.

mickthechippy

space cadet
Site Supporter
Im off down the canal tomorrow or thurs, weather dependant, got a charity match there on saturday, gonna get a sneaky practice, god knows I need it

are you after a 8mtr tourney whip ?, I could lend you one for you to try out before you whack your hard earned down, they aint the cheapest of things

Pompous git

Site Supporter
Hello Mick, I was going to buy an acolyte. Says in the bumph a three metre telescopic top with the rest take apart, the top bit will
do me for the match lake at Surrenden in the winter time when I need a float goes down fix. Seen them for sale at £235 which is
not bad. I said in my last post a Diawa I meant to sat Drennan, silly me.

Yes everything is weather dependent, seem to have got off light in Ashford.

I will turn down your very kind offer I would be rather nervous using another blokes tackle but at some time in the near future I will
take up your offer of a whip lesson, canal Hythe?

Dave Spence

MD Golden Pie Winner 2018
Site Supporter
Im off down the canal tomorrow or thurs, weather dependant, got a charity match there on saturday, gonna get a sneaky practice, god knows I need it

are you after a 8mtr tourney whip ?, I could lend you one for you to try out before you whack your hard earned down, they aint the cheapest of things
Lovely offer Mick(y)(y)

Pompous git

Site Supporter
On another thread some heathens slag of the Mitchell 300 series, well if your reel sounds like a coffee grinder it has not been looked
after properly. From new I have taken the sideplate off and worked the grease into the gear teeth using a matchstick then a drop of
three in one on the bushes along with the tiniest drop of oil on the pins in the bale.
You would not expect a Rolls Royce to perform perfectly without proper maintenance would you?

Could never understand the need for reels that run fast. I suppose you might need this high speed in a match but I find the thought of
fishing for money positively common, I am an artiste !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dave Spence The Club House 7
Pompous git The Politics Room 68
mickthechippy The Club House 7
E Fishing Talk 14
M The Club House 8