The elderly and (clearly) retired out at lunchtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorBiggun

Why ?

There's not much time for us peeps who have a set lunch hour between the 12-2pm period and many a time we are having to scoot round to get things done and still make it back or whatever for a quick sandwich.

Thus we find ourselves dodging the elderly and those that are clearly retired. Ok , apart from the obvious that people are entitled to go out when they want but why at those times ? ....they've had all flamin' morning and got all afternoon to browse the shops or Post Office etc, so why do they feel the need to still mooch about at lunchtimes ?

The only exception at lunchtime is those going to a fishing tackle shop [:D]

Bit of a rant over

Do any retirees on here avoid lunchtimes ?

"Ivor"

genesis

Living Leg End
I am not retired but I avoid shopping at lunchtimes as that is when the old retired folk go out to annoy people.

bezzer

Site Supporter
That's nothing compared to dodging pensioners on the High Street on a Saturday!

Pensioners should be banned from Town Centres and Out of Town shopping parks at weekends.

[:D]

genesis

Living Leg End
Originally posted by kenpix

Someone will make a case for compulsory euthanasia next
Logans Run was a classic film. Everyone went to carousel at 30 [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

davylad

Site Supporter
Some of you lot criticising us pensioners better not run into mc when I'm doing nothing wrong, just for being there. You just might get a shock, and get a slap in the mouth. I've slowed down a touch but don't mind taking a couple to get one in, but that one will be a good un. [:D][:D][:D][:D]

sly

all the bit better gear and still aint got a clue
Site Supporter
possibly because they have worked all their life and they are entitled to go where they want when they want,i take it you are never going to be an oap then

davylad

Site Supporter
I was obviously only joking, but do you know I can't ever remember having anything against the elderly in all my life. We were brought up to respect and help them where we could, from a very young age. I find it a bit sad, that some people treat them with contempt, especially some young women.

mick.e

We go at lunch in a vain attempt to avoid the morons who clog up the roads going to and from work, not to mention the 4x4 ladies who drop off and pick up their darlings from school.[V]

Scalper

NCP....
Site Supporter
Account Locked
Originally posted by genesis

Originally posted by kenpix

Someone will make a case for compulsory euthanasia next
Logans Run was a classic film. Everyone went to carousel at 30 [xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]
Yep a true classic!!!

Not all went to carousel though or there wouldn't be a movie!!!

The utube entries are all rubbish so gonna try ebay for a copy - Soylent Green too!

Just got them both on ebay new for 14 :)

Last edited:

Geoff P

The cheerful one!!
Staff member
Site Supporter
The first 3 posters on this thread let me know where you live and shop and I will ensure I go out in your area just to annoy you. Cretins.

dezzatheblue

Originally posted by IvorBiggun

Why ?

There's not much time for us peeps who have a set lunch hour between the 12-2pm period and many a time we are having to scoot round to get things done and still make it back or whatever for a quick sandwich.

Thus we find ourselves dodging the elderly and those that are clearly retired. Ok , apart from the obvious that people are entitled to go out when they want but why at those times ? ....they've had all flamin' morning and got all afternoon to browse the shops or Post Office etc, so why do they feel the need to still mooch about at lunchtimes ?

Bit of a rant over

"Ivor"

What a childish and ignorant post#128545;
I'm not an OAP by the way

Puckleman

Site Supporter
It was only a couple of days ago when we were being told about the poor loves having to eat their food at their desks.
What should we believe? [:0]

genesis

Living Leg End
Originally posted by Geoff P

The first 3 posters on this thread let me know where you live and shop and I will ensure I go out in your area just to annoy you. Cretins.
Clayton Village Post Office about 12.45 mos days mod week. Welcome anytime. Let me know when your coming so I can make sure I am around.

Chris Calder

Site Supporter
Originally posted by IvorBiggun

Why ?

Bit of a rant over

"Ivor"

Never really thought about avoiding lunchtimes, but will make a point of going at lunch time now and taking my time, your not far behind Mr Mildew by the sound of it[:0]

Indi68

The Controller
can't understand why people resort to name calling when others have posted such obvious lighthearted comments.

genesis

Living Leg End
Originally posted by Indi68

can't understand why people resort to name calling when others have posted such obvious lighthearted comments.
Some MODS have no sense of humour [:W]

Expanda

Well, I'm one of those OAPS who come into town at lunchtime. And I make no apologies. Once a week we meet up with as many of the family, children, grandchildren and great grandchildren as can make it. And yes, it has to be lunchtime, several work in town and get out in their break. This has become an important social event for our family and if that upsets anyone it's just TOO BAD[}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Arry The Corner Peg 0
Dave The Club House 17
S The Club House 8
C The Corner Peg 0
F The Corner Peg 0