The Doggy Thread.

The Landlord

Site Supporter
Finished work early got the dog out for a good walk before the rains arrived View attachment 21641
Is that Thurstaston, @Swim Jim ?
Used to love taking my pooch there.
One day we ended up down in Royden Park & the missus took the granddaughters on that model train. Should have seen the look on the train fella's face when he saw half a ton of white German Shepherd, hurtling down the track after this train that had stolen his kids!!

Swim Jim

Formerly: jjpendurocomp
Site Supporter
Is that Thurstaston, @Swim Jim ?
Used to love taking my pooch there.
One day we ended up down in Royden Park & the missus took the granddaughters on that model train. Should have seen the look on the train fella's face when he saw half a ton of white German Shepherd, hurtling down the track after this train that had stolen his kids!!
Certainly is Landlord (y)
If I have time I like to do a lap of Royden Park then do a lap of Thurstaston hill. She’s a rescue dog Labradoodle. I keep her on the long lead at present. A few weeks ago she ran off on us. We weren’t sure if she could swim but she proved her skills by retrieving half a tree from the middle of Royden park lake. I would of been mortified if anybody would of been fishing. Don’t think they would of believed she was on a work party from Wirral Borough Council :whistle:

Ive never fished it but Royden park lake looks a lovely little venue.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
My little best pal with four legs has been a bit off it the last couple of days, he was doing his Business as usual but off his food and not the Albert of usual, i was gonna tek him to the vet today when on his Walk this Morning he was Sick and among the bile was the reason, Our Gerts old Fit Bit watch :sick: I dont know how many steps he'd done but hes back to his old sen :rolleyes:

22D3E6BA-E8E3-40C6-985F-D976090B24E4.jpeg

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Feldy Fishing Talk 1
D The Club House 2
S Football Corner 20
D The Club House 3
D The Golden Peg 2