The Daftest Thing You've Done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
My recent posting (Problems with Catapults) caused a bit of amusement when I described getting a stickymagged ball of red maggots in my eye and up my nose.

But that can't be the daftest thing an MD has done. Come on, come clean, tell us all!

When I was about 14, fishing a farmer's pond, I lost my one and only float, homemade from elder pith and cane - took me days to make - in a bush. On an island. In the middle of the pond. In March. Sod that, thinks I, nobody around, so I stripped off and swam out to retrieve it. Cue farmer's wife and two little girls, arrive to feed the ducks.
"Are you alright David, it must be cold in there."
"No, it's f f f fine."
Swam round for nearly half an hour before they finally sodded off. I can confirm that it's true about bits turning blue. Never been the same since, or maybe it's old age

But I'm sure somebody out there has done crazier things. 'Fess up!

DKB

Last edited:

BARRYBLOKE

Account Locked
[:I] Mucker,,, where would you like me start?????

[h3]the more i see of people the more i love me dog!!!![/h3]

MillBob

Smoggy 4 life!!
lol, the worst thing i have done is probably's tried to walk in a lake getting 5 of my floats back that i lost on island weed, not realising that two other lads who were there thought it would be funny to start casting a bomb at me.

MillBob

tightlinesandy

----->Andy<------
daftist thing i have ever done , I was fishing a big lake in september last year , and i lost three pike bungs on a island , so i got down to my trollys and swam out , 10 ft from the island i got so cold i went numb , so wehn i reached the island i got on it , sat their for half an hour sh1tting the swim back , but it had to be done , just as i got to the bank , i cramped up , thank god i was back , christ knows what would have happend if it had happened whilst in the middle.not worth it for three pike bungs ey ? and after all that , id dropped them on the way back , so didnt even have them.

andy

Don

Before u laugh! I was only 9 when this happened. I was trying to tie my first spade end hook and thought it would be a good idea to try and hold the hook in my mouth to steady it, one of my brothers came in the room, I looked up, and the hook went through my lip. It had a barb on it like an harpoon and my Dad took me (on a bus!) to the childrens ozzy in Nottm were it was removed much to the merriment of the docs and nurses, to ice the dam cake I had to have a tetnus injection in my bum, dont know which was worse the hooking or the injection by a nurse who looked like Hattie Jakes! By the way I use a hook tyer now lol.

Don

JKG

Account Locked
going to the toilet after handling a prickly pear. for those of you who dont know what a prickly pear is.... As the name suggests it's a prickly pear with thousands of tiny litle eerrrrrm "pricks" that release when held and latch onto whatever you hold next. [:eek:)] [:I] [:(!] [V] [:0] [:(]

www.seatbox-stickers.co.uk

stevieb

Shakin
Site Supporter
Trying to pick up my pole by the thin end!!!!! The resulting CRACK and sudden outburst of mirth from my so called mates??? could be heard for many a mile!!!
LOL Steve

Col Robb

It involves Alison Proctor behind the fish n' chip shop, half a lifetime ago. [:D]

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
lol i was 11-12 i think, fishing my first canal match! anyway i drew a really awkward peg so my older bro (about 20-21) lent me his platform! bloody great steel thing! anyway got in the water in my shoes (didnt own any boots!) and started fishing, after about 1hr a couple of boats came past and just after the second one came past i felt the platform move, thought to myself oh sh1t and then the inside shelf collapsed and i went straight in the canal with all my club mates laughing their asses off at me! i had a big plastic seat box and after smimming back to teh bank i launched this box and it cleared the fence behind the peg! then i found my top kit by treading on it! lol lost loads of stuff but not to be deterred, dragged myself up the bank and won the match lol!

Browning Hotrods
Browning JP Tackle
Team Raiders

ColinW

I once got caught short up in Scotland. I pulled my thigh waders down to knee level, pulled my jeans down a bit, squatted and cr*pped into the top of my waders.

gingert76

Ginge
Site Supporter
lmao! friend of mine did that with a hooded top!

Browning Hotrods
Browning JP Tackle
Team Raiders

norm

Site Supporter
SMOKE

and not go to college and university earlier in my life

norm

Last edited:

Slick

'eyebrows'
Be good at D.I.Y if I had ballsed everything up in early married life, I would have had a wife who does all the d******ing and I could get on with my fishing.

Zebedee

Back in the days when we had a close season and poles were something foreigners used,
16th June,I had just got set up in the dark for a session tenching on a farmers pond.
I walked away from the water a few yards to answer the call of nature,and pee'd on an electified cow fence..thats 1 mistake I'll never make again

The rumours are all lies...

I just went into the field to relieve myself and the sheep backed on to me !!!

mma

Ginger76 Class !

You have got to expand on that story, it sounds too funny for a
one liner.

featherchucker1

Nothing like that has happened to me yet! but my mate that I take with me feather chucking is always doing things, lol, like the time he hooked a 3lb trout on Grassholm Resevoir in Teesdale, shouting to me that he had a fish on,he jumped down the bank about 4 foot drop, hit a rock at the bottom, and went in headfirst sorry guys all i could do was laugh, he had to strip off and get dry cause I wouldnt bring him home but he did manage to get his rod back and the fish.
Then fly fishing at Thornton Steward one night with a couple of the kids from one of the estates, was a little windy so I had kids roll casting, not my mate though he was getting his line well up in the air, with his mouth wide open, when the wind caught his line and he ended up with a size 8 Dawsons Olive right through his top lip complete with BARB. OUCH!!! again what did I do on this sight of blood and he was bleeding like a stuffed pig you guessed it laugh and then I had too take the hook out. Not an easy task without a pair of plyers using a pair of forceps got a hold of hook firmly, then asking him what the sheep were doing with his gear, as he turned his head out came the hook same way as it went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.