The companies that need workers

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
The globe’s richest 1% own half the world’s wealth, according to a new report highlighting the growing gap between the super-rich and everyone else.

The world’s richest people have seen their share of the globe’s total wealth increase from 42.5% at the height of the 2008 financial crisis to 50.1% in 2017, or $140tn (£106tn), according to Credit Suisse’s global wealth report published on Tuesday.

• The world’s richest man, Jeff Bezos, the owner of Amazon, saw his fortune increase to $112bn. Just 1% of his fortune is equivalent to the whole health budget for Ethiopia, a country of 105 million people.

From the Guardian website
Well you'd expect an article like that from the left leaning tax avoiding Guardian.

Try a more independent source

warrington63

Exiled Northerner
Site Supporter
They'll always be the few who try to profit out of any situation, same on the buildings, same in the markets, same at the corner shops
There is a shop in Warrington selling hand sanitizer for £3, a sign says all profits going to charity.

Blanks

Site Supporter
I was referring to the world in general and there may be a few variations here and there, but I think the illustration stands.
I have not seen that website before and have book marked it for future reference, thanks.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
At least the Dirty Leeds United team I support are doing the right thing, the players are taking a pay cut so the staff who ain’t working get paid 👍Dirty Northern Scum since 1919 👍

Maesknoll

Chris
Staff member
Site Supporter
At least the Dirty Leeds United team I support are doing the right thing, the players are taking a pay cut so the staff who ain’t working get paid 👍Dirty Northern Scum since 1919 👍
Not quite as philanthropic as it seems, according to the report, they are having a wage deferral, so they expect to get it all paid at some point in the future.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
At least unlike us self Employed their wages are secure and they are being looked after 👍

tipitinmick

Site Supporter
If my mate sees that Wise Owl hes likely to go have a dump in their shop. I know what hes like.