The Big One Fishing Shows 2019

TheBigOneShows2019

Site Supporter
As you all may or may not know, we have launched the advanced tickets and VIP tickets for the show in Farnborough (23/24 March 2019) and we have launched a new show in Stoneleigh (13/14 April 2019) in the Midlands - which is closer for a huge fishig audience in that areas. Both show tickets can be bought online at www.thebigoneshow.co.uk
Both shows will feature amazing shopping deals with the biggest and best brands in fishing and unmissable fishing stars giving loads of advice.

As we are in the planning stages at the moment, I would be very interested to know what you guys would like to see or change for next year? Farnborough this year had some mega issues with Parking, which we are trying to ensure doesn't happen again. The free parking was an issue this year for many of our visitors, which we can only apologise for this. This was due to the wet weather in the run up to the show meaning that the venue would not allow the usual grass option for parking which we had been able to use for the past 9 years - believe us it was a learning for us all and we are already working really hard on improving this for the 2019 show, it's one of our very top priorities. Our show director Vince Davies is in talks with the venue about a new contingency plan if it rains again and is planning through a whole big list of other options to ensure this never happens again. We are confident that the FREE parking will be much more improved on 2018's show.

What I can confirm is that the 2019 show in Farnborough will be much bigger, we have added on another hall with a new demo lake theatre, so even more exhibitors, great deals and fishing stars. We are lining up our speakers and demonstration experts now, which some top names in place - but again I would be very interested to know what you guys would like at the show? I hope you and your friends consider getting a ticket for 2019.

Let us know your thoughts and we will do our best to put on two fantastic fishing shows.

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
I'd like to welcome on board Susan who works for Bauer Consumer Media who last year purchased 'the Big One show' from Vince Davis who has been a long time advertiser and sponsor of Maggotdrowning.com.
Although 'retired' Vince has been retained to help them through the transition.

Bauer Consumer Media have continued the advertising campaign with Maggotdrowning.com, which as you all know, advertising revenue helps towards our running costs.
In addition to the banners you may see they are also giving us complimentary tickets to both shows which will be offered as competition prizes in the New Year.
Clicking the banners will take you through to the Big One's website where you can get more information, including an offer to claim a free copy of Angling Times, Sea Angler or Improve Your Coarse Fishing worth up to £3.80; I'll give you a clue, check out the FAQ's page ;)

Over the past years everyone has had thoughts on how to improve the show, what they'd have liked to see, etc. Many of which were taken onboard at the time.
Here is your opportunity to once again relay your thoughts and ideas to help maintain this show at the top of the Angling calendar.

1543910996545.png

Footnote: Bauer Media Group is a European-based media company, headquartered in Hamburg, Germany, that manages a portfolio of more than 600 magazines, over 400 digital products and 50 radio and TV stations around the world. The portfolio includes print shops, postal, distribution and marketing services. Wikipedia
CEO: Yvonne Bauer (Nov 2010–)
Headquarters: Hamburg, Germany
Revenue: 2.316 billion EUR (2015)
Number of employees: 11,500 (2015)
Founded: 1875

steve 56

Divide the match,carp etc into different sections so people can look only at what they want to instead of having to wade through countless stands they have no interest in.
Improve the price and quality of the food.

TheBigOneShows2019

Site Supporter
As a reply to the question "What can we do to improve the show" I'd say place less emphasis on Carp fishing... there are loads of other species.... Carp are not the be all and end all of fishing...
Thanks for your feedback, all feedback will be sent back to our content director as there is still time to improve the shows for next year. We try to cater for all anglers in Sea, Match, Coarse and Carp. At Farnborough, after some feedback, we are looking into a new section of the show 'Lure LIVE', which will be packed top lure companies, recognised experts, and an interactive demonstration area where you can learn how to get the best from this growing area of our sport.

TheBigOneShows2019

Site Supporter
Divide the match,carp etc into different sections so people can look only at what they want to instead of having to wade through countless stands they have no interest in.
Improve the price and quality of the food.
Thanks Steve, I will pass this onto our content director about the sectioning of stands. In terms of the price and quality of food, this is down to the venue as they provide these catering facilities however we have lots to feedback to them and can certainly advise of improvements.

RedhillPhil

Computers verified, riots quelled, wars started.
Site Supporter
As a reply to the question "What can we do to improve the show" I'd say place less emphasis on Carp fishing... there are loads of other species.... Carp are not the be all and end all of fishing...
What he said.

JayBee

Site Supporter
But in reality I'm awaiting the call to be invited as a guest speaker. :cool::p:ROFLMAO:
Don't hold your breath for the invite Neil, as your self proclaimed "economy approach" to tackle acquisitions might see a few disgruntled exhibitors.

pagie

Site Supporter
I agree with Arry it used to be good for match tackle bargains, for the last couple of years all it's mainly been is CARP gear, still toying with the idea whether to go or not next year especially after the parking debacle,

Like said above, split the different types of fishing into sections. Will make walking around easier.

The other thing is the prices of food and drink, last year it was blatantly taking the pee out of us all the amount that was charged.

JayBee

Site Supporter
It seems that to get the best from the Farnborough show, I need a VIP ticket (OAP concessions not spotted), 4X4 transport, to ensure extrication from muddy car park and bring my own food and drink, to re-fuel ecomomically.
I'm still quite interested in attending, but a 250 mile round trip, and a day, which could be spent fishing is worth a few potential match fishing related bargains. (circa £500 would be available for the right purchases).
Go on Susan (or cohort), convince me further!

JayBee

Site Supporter
Yes Dave, I've read those FAQ's, and I'm still undecided.
Went to one of the old Davies organised days at Thorpe park, years ago, and got some great kit for very sensible money.
Then went to the NEC, interesting, but very little for sale.
Last years event, seems to have raised more concerns than positive comments, so maybe (as the list of exhibitors grows), or maybe not, we'll see.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Like said above, split the different types of fishing into sections. Will make walking around easier.

The other thing is the prices of food and drink, last year it was blatantly taking the pee out of us all the amount that was charged.
I have never been to the show, too far away, so I don't know how the catering was provided. But if by outside catering from vans or trailers then prices may be dictated by the amount charged for a pitch.

Having manned a trade stand at non fishing events as well as booking space for one I know that the prices charged can be astronomical. Hence food sellers need to charge high prices to make a profit. No profit, means no point in renting space for the day.

Obviously I don't know how much is charged so I could be barking up the wrong tree. And it is probably the venue that takes the fee, not the event organiser. So it could be that the price of food is outside the control of the organiser. Unless of course the organiser plays hard ball with the venue and insists on a maximum charge for food seller's pitches and then a price structure with the catering companies.

There will be a lot about organising a large venue event that we will never know and thus not understand. All we can do is ask the organiser to do the best they can for the visitor spending their hard earned money.

As you all may or may not know, we have launched the advanced tickets and VIP tickets for the show in Farnborough (23/24 March 2019) and we have launched a new show in Stoneleigh (13/14 April 2019) in the Midlands - which is closer for a huge fishig audience in that areas. Both show tickets can be bought online at www.thebigoneshow.co.uk
Both shows will feature amazing shopping deals with the biggest and best brands in fishing and unmissable fishing stars giving loads of advice.

As we are in the planning stages at the moment, I would be very interested to know what you guys would like to see or change for next year? Farnborough this year had some mega issues with Parking, which we are trying to ensure doesn't happen again. The free parking was an issue this year for many of our visitors, which we can only apologise for this. This was due to the wet weather in the run up to the show meaning that the venue would not allow the usual grass option for parking which we had been able to use for the past 9 years - believe us it was a learning for us all and we are already working really hard on improving this for the 2019 show, it's one of our very top priorities. Our show director Vince Davies is in talks with the venue about a new contingency plan if it rains again and is planning through a whole big list of other options to ensure this never happens again. We are confident that the FREE parking will be much more improved on 2018's show.

What I can confirm is that the 2019 show in Farnborough will be much bigger, we have added on another hall with a new demo lake theatre, so even more exhibitors, great deals and fishing stars. We are lining up our speakers and demonstration experts now, which some top names in place - but again I would be very interested to know what you guys would like at the show? I hope you and your friends consider getting a ticket for 2019.

Let us know your thoughts and we will do our best to put on two fantastic fishing shows.

Apropos the Farnborough event, will/could there be a shuttle bus to and from Farnborough railway station? your FAQ section makes no mention of one...

Trogg

the bouncer
Staff member
Site Supporter
we are looking into a new section of the show 'Lure LIVE', which will be packed top lure companies, recognised experts, and an interactive demonstration area where you can learn how to get the best from this growing area of our sport.
Well, that got my interest, i can't ignore anything to do with Lure fishing!!

Obviously I don't know how much is charged so I could be barking up the wrong tree. And it is probably the venue that takes the fee, not the event organiser. So it could be that the price of food is outside the control of the organiser

Already answered @Neil ofthe nene , before your original post on the thread :)

In terms of the price and quality of food, this is down to the venue as they provide these catering facilities however we have lots to feedback to them and can certainly advise of improvements.

Arry

Aitch
Site Supporter
Rather than promoting match, carp, sea and fly perhaps with coarse anglers they could try and convince the EA to promote river/canal fishing as it would hopefully deter poaching, dumping, & pollution... and would possibly get more people on the bank and hopefully more licence sales...

frankg

Site Supporter
Couldn't agree more Arry!

I went to the Manchester show earlier this year and it was basically a carp (vermin :) ) event.....almost a complete waste of time for people interested in natural fishing, sea fishing, game fishing!