That's that then

D

Deleted member 21081

In all honesty a title challenge is unrealistic.

The starting 11 was what it was I'm afraid.
No Rudiger, Willian, Kante, Pulisic with Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi still to return after Achilles Injuries.
Hazard can't be replaced and it would be Naive to think he can even if the transfer ban wasn't in place. Abraham unproven at this level, may come good but the team needs a 20+ goals striker desperately. For my part I would like to see a front 2 tried and would give Giroud and Batshuayi five games together to see if they can gel.

Come what may it's going to be an interesting season, can't see us getting anything from Wednesday night though unless Liverpool put a weakened team out. In all honesty I'm sure both teams could do without this match in Istanbul.
I agree a change in tactics is required. With Hazard you could unlock defences, however, without you’d be better trying to work the ball into better positions a get crosses in. That said I think 4-0 was harsh.

Wednesday is a Cup Final though, I’d rather be in it than not!

As always may the best team win.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
@Deleted Member yes it was harsh, IMO it all hung on 2 moments, Abraham hitting the post (he really needed that to go in to get himself up and running) and the penalty which was a bolt on.

Yes it is a Final but insignificant in the scheme of things, just hope it's a decent game with neither side picking up any significant injuries. ;)

D

Deleted member 21081

@Deleted Member yes it was harsh, IMO it all hung on 2 moments, Abraham hitting the post (he really needed that to go in to get himself up and running) and the penalty which was a bolt on.

Yes it is a Final but insignificant in the scheme of things, just hope it's a decent game with neither side picking up any significant injuries. ;)
It was a very poor penalty to concede, at a very bad time to concede it. The more it dragged on the more the crowd would have been edgy and United weren’t exactly threatening at that time.

But that’s football, lots of very fine lines.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
The amount of times that moments in games decide the outcome, rather than the football itself. That said, we still had to exploit those moments and we did. Test will be when the moments are few and far between and football is needed to get hold of a game.

The football then has to translate into clear chances, rather than 50/50 speculative efforts. I think this was the Utd game all over.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Mate against Forest we had 2 Clear Penalty shouts turned down, its Refs like that need Investigating.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Yea add decisions to moments too wisey, but we have been lucky on that front all of the time so they say.

D

Deleted member 21081

Much better performance tonight, clever Frank obviously tried to rest his best players for the Final. Giroud, pusilic and Kante ( clue he’s by far your best player) made a difference.

I think the better team won in the end?

D

Deleted member 21081

Oh and for the absolute muppet on here who said he thinks Chelsea are a bigger club than Liverpool, this is reality calling.........

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Very even game, heartened by our performance, Don't really think there was much between the teams on the night in all honesty.

D

Deleted member 21081

Very even game, heartened by our performance, Don't really think there was much between the teams on the night in all honesty.
I agree.
You have a World class player in Kante, to start without him was ridiculous.

Not much between the teams but we were clearly better.

D

Deleted member 21081

Funny how no one ever got the ‘rub of the green ‘against Manchester United!

You certainly had it against us tonight in the two penalty incidents.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
He was carrying an injury from the Europa League Final and hardly played in pre season, Came home early from our trip to Japan so made perfect sense not to start him on Sunday if he wasn't 100% and by all accounts it was 50/50 if he would start tonight.

D

Deleted member 21081

I really hope they win NOWT, they were first on here shouting s**t at Man United yes so was i about em Braggin they win a tin pot and they are the team of the century :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Another TROPHY in the cupboard.

We’ve won more this year than your lot in........?

D

Deleted member 21081

He was carrying an injury from the Europa League Final and hardly played in pre season, Came home early from our trip to Japan so made perfect sense not to start him on Sunday if he wasn't 100% and by all accounts it was 50/50 if he would start tonight.
So Frank’s priority was obviously tonight?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
No, I think it was just a case of waiting till he felt ready and not trying to push it, It's a long old season and very few players will play every game.

D

Deleted member 21081

No, I think it was just a case of waiting till he felt ready and not trying to push it, It's a long old season and very few players will play every game.
Looked fit enough to me and as usual your best player (except Hazard). You must be delighted with going so close?

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
As I said above Heartened by the performance but really not bothered as I regard this match as on a par with the Charity Shield. The only thing that delighted me about it was that it appears we came out of it with no obvious injuries to those that played.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Wolves game highlighted for me that we are ok, but lacking in something when a game needs an injection of something to mix things up a bit.