That's that then

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Agree with you about Pogba's pass and I thought the control and finish from Rashford was brilliant.
I have criticised his finishing in the past but today he was excellent.

Saw a lot of potential from United today.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
Already wrong after one game 🤣🤣🤣in Denial 🤣🤣👍👍View attachment 19312
I'm trying the predict the reverse of what I wish to happen this season wisey.

I didn't see a 4-0 coming though, but I thought the general view of the game being a whole lot different if Chelseas pressure had resulted in goals was accurate. I was saying to my lad that if United are to push on then we need a player to reach the 20s in goals per season, interestingly I think in Chelsea yesterday we beat a team that doesn't currently look like they have a player who will get anywhere near that; for all their football they had no edge. Good performance by our back four and the two league debutants, but I would like to judge them against a team with a more attacking threat before I get excited.

Have to say too that I thought Jose was fascinating listening in the studio and a different person with the managerial pressure off him, gave a great insight into how simply he feels the game is played, but with insight into the deeper complexities that come into tactics for different phases of the game.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
I thought JM was excellent as well and it seems he has upset Frankie by his Chelsea assessment.
Hope we see a lot more of JM and he delivers more of the same.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
"Message from the 1980s.........
Can we have our First Division/EPL title back please? "

How long?........

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
I think one of Franks motivators is going to be centred around a siege/everyone is writing us off mentality. I don't think he will ever do wrong by the fans though and he took Chelsea on at a perfect time in terms of the barriers they have against them at present, he will be man enough though to not fall back on it as an excuse though.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
Made me laugh when he said I’m giving youth a chance 🤣🤣🤣🤣he has to the div cos he can get no one else 🤣🤣👍

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Ha ha nice banter Deleted Member - made me smile (y)

Last time there were so many Liverpool fans on the street was when somebody posted on Facebook they had dropped a fiver
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

D

Deleted member 21081

Ha ha nice banter Deleted Member - made me smile (y)

Last time there were so many Liverpool fans on the street was when somebody posted on Facebook they had dropped a fiver
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can assure you the number 5 was not in fashion, everybody wanted to talk about SIX BABY!

D

Deleted member 21081

I think one of Franks motivators is going to be centred around a siege/everyone is writing us off mentality. I don't think he will ever do wrong by the fans though and he took Chelsea on at a perfect time in terms of the barriers they have against them at present, he will be man enough though to not fall back on it as an excuse though.
Not sure I’d want to mount a title challenge based upon Abraham up from on his own?

They started without Willian, Giroud, Kante so it was a brave selection, though we don’t know how fit those players are, despite what Mourinho says.

They were the better teams in part, but can’t see them challenging for the title without a re-think of tactics.

D

Deleted member 21081

I'm trying the predict the reverse of what I wish to happen this season wisey.

I didn't see a 4-0 coming though, but I thought the general view of the game being a whole lot different if Chelseas pressure had resulted in goals was accurate. I was saying to my lad that if United are to push on then we need a player to reach the 20s in goals per season, interestingly I think in Chelsea yesterday we beat a team that doesn't currently look like they have a player who will get anywhere near that; for all their football they had no edge. Good performance by our back four and the two league debutants, but I would like to judge them against a team with a more attacking threat before I get excited.

Have to say too that I thought Jose was fascinating listening in the studio and a different person with the managerial pressure off him, gave a great insight into how simply he feels the game is played, but with insight into the deeper complexities that come into tactics for different phases of the game.
I think United will be delighted with the result.

They looked a work in progress at points of the game, however. If they can build momentum they may challenge. Let’s hope Wolves stop them in their tracks!

Maguire is a great player and all of a sudden De Gea looked like a good keeper again.

The one weakness in Maguire’s game is when he gets caught in midfield and the shape of the defence is compromised, which will be a particular issue if the full backs are pushing up.

But as I said back in May, he is clearly a player United needed, whatever he cost.

Shaping up to be an interesting season!

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Not sure I’d want to mount a title challenge based upon Abraham up from on his own?

They started without Willian, Giroud, Kante so it was a brave selection, though we don’t know how fit those players are, despite what Mourinho says.

They were the better teams in part, but can’t see them challenging for the title without a re-think of tactics.
In all honesty a title challenge is unrealistic.

The starting 11 was what it was I'm afraid.
No Rudiger, Willian, Kante, Pulisic with Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi still to return after Achilles Injuries.
Hazard can't be replaced and it would be Naive to think he can even if the transfer ban wasn't in place. Abraham unproven at this level, may come good but the team needs a 20+ goals striker desperately. For my part I would like to see a front 2 tried and would give Giroud and Batshuayi five games together to see if they can gel.

Come what may it's going to be an interesting season, can't see us getting anything from Wednesday night though unless Liverpool put a weakened team out. In all honesty I'm sure both teams could do without this match in Istanbul.