That's that then

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
First and second place won't change now all season. What odds I wonder would you get on that.
Spoken to a few people recently and I think they just got caught up in the hype of the new season starting when they felt this season will be an exciting one.

City plus 5
Liverpool plus 3
Spurs plus 2

Arsenal and then Utd or Chelsea (unless its a draw today) to slot in there and already the top six is all but formed after round one.

La Premierliga?

As a fan of football I am getting excited about if a team can break the top six.

D

Deleted member 21081

First and second place won't change now all season. What odds I wonder would you get on that.
Spoken to a few people recently and I think they just got caught up in the hype of the new season starting when they felt this season will be an exciting one.

City plus 5
Liverpool plus 3
Spurs plus 2

Arsenal and then Utd or Chelsea (unless its a draw today) to slot in there and already the top six is all but formed after round one.

La Premierliga?

As a fan of football I am getting excited about if a team can break the top six.
It’s a long season and lots can happen.

It’s not that long since Leicester won it!

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
True poker. But, and with all respect to them, they won it at a time when City and to a degree Liverpool weren't dead certs to knock in 3, 4 or 5 a game.

D

Deleted member 21081

What a statement of intent from City.

West Ham away is arguably one of the better teams outside the top six. And City swatted them aside.

I think you simply have to applaud great football when you see it.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
City will win it again this season as they can score goals from all over the pitch.
Won it last season without KDB for quite a while and he is genuine world class.

Would like to see them win the EPL and CL as just reward for playing great football.

rudd

City will win it again this season as they can score goals from all over the pitch.
Won it last season without KDB for quite a while and he is genuine world class.

Would like to see them win the EPL and CL as just reward for playing great football.
And to receive most expensive team in world award.

D

Deleted member 21081

If they had a weakness last season at any point, it was when Fernandinho was out.

They played Rodri in that role yesterday and won 5-0 away. You have to take your hat off to the manager for addressing the tiniest chink in their armour.

That said, things change ever so quickly in football and as @fishingmad123 found to his cost, bold predictions can come a cropper.

fishingmad123

Regular Dude
Account Locked
i predict' liverpool champions in august ' reasons .... klopp will go all out for the league this year fielding weaker sides in all cups where as city will try to win everything which will cost them the league ,
ill be sure to bookmark this thread and be back to gloat from time to time :p

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Missed a trick there mate.
You should have predicted that Liverpool would be champions by the end of last Friday 😃😃😃

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Today's game should be interesting with both sides having newish EPL managers and as a comparison of where they are to City.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Only United v Chelsea matters for the title.
Thought the "newish" managers might have been the indicator which match.

Peter

'Mugger'
Staff member
Site Supporter
Only United v Chelsea matters for the title.
Thought the "newish" managers might have been the indicator which match.
Neither team will challenge for the title and either would settle for 4th, anything else would be a bonus and I'm saying that as a Chelsea fan.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Agree there Peter but both teams have the potential to have a say on who does win it.
The same can be said of Arsenal and Spurs and Spurs of all the chasing sides could be the ones who challange City by pushing Liverpool out.
Just can't see past City though.

Neil ofthe nene

Site Supporter
Money talks.

I'll be happy if Spurs finish 3rd. But I am still not sure they have the resilience or ruthlessness. And it is worrying how they struggled until Eriksen came on yesterday. Their weakness is in not being able to break down packed defenses. One reason they lost so many games last season.

And I'm not convinced that they have the strength in depth in defence, particularly if Vertonghen goes.

Perhaps this is the year they concentrate on the domestic cups and let the league slip. There is no way they can repeat the luck that got them to the Champions League final. I still think they would be better off in the Europa League.

Lee Richards

Site Supporter
Spurs look great going forward but if Eriksen goes finding a playmaker of his quality will be difficult.
He didn't look focused to me yesterday and will be interesting to see his attitude next few games.

D

Deleted member 21081

Agree there Peter but both teams have the potential to have a say on who does win it.
The same can be said of Arsenal and Spurs and Spurs of all the chasing sides could be the ones who challange City by pushing Liverpool out.
Just can't see past City though.
Just can’t see past your anti Liverpool bias more like!

Just for you....

Attachments