Thames feeder rod?

Minno

Have a look at the 80g Supera.

I use this when my local river is pulling to hard for my 50g Supera and I need a heavier feeder.

JohnLondon

Site Supporter
I fish the Thames a fair bit & use the Daiwa Castizm 13ft 6”. It’s a brilliant rod for fishing feeders on the larger rivers, plenty of power for casting with a nice fish playing action. Highly recommended

Irelanst

Thanks for all the recommendations, there's a few rods that were on my short list, Acolyte, Castizm and the Supera 80g and a few others to look at as well.

david white

Site Supporter
Can’t make up to date recommendations haven’t fished the Thames regularly since the late 90’s but although they have been mentioned already may I also point you in the direction of the Cadence CR10 range ( plenty of videos on you tube of the rods in action )
Cadence have had ‘ offers ‘ on line recently and previously had one on Boxing Day / New year may be worth keeping an eye out for one ( Bob co have a well know bank hols sale too )

nejohn

I have not fished the thames, but if I was in the market for a new feeder rod my 1st stop would be the Tri-cast web site, they make some seriously good feeder rods, I have one of the original 4 x 4's and it would cover every feeder fishing situation I could imagine, They have a new version which apparently is better than the original, not cheap but quality kit, also there is the trilogy range which is not so expensive and also worth a look. My next stop would be the Daiwa ranges again some quality feeder rods to be had at all price points. A bit of a wild card could be the Sensas Black Arrow range I had a waggle of a couple of the 800 series rods and they felt very nice (however not used one in anger). but the best advice would be take everyones suggestions on board then go out and find some tackle shops that stock them and try a few as what might be the dogs do da's for one person may be the rod from hell for someone else, buy what suits you not what suits other people........otherwise someone else will probably be getting a bargain of a little used feeder rod on ebay