Telly?

davylad

Site Supporter
We noticed a mark on the bottom right corner of our Panasonic TV, the wife tried to wipe it off wondering what it was. It seems as though the actual frame has melted slightly, and there's a small like an oily mark on the screen too. I just wondered if there's anyone who's heard of this before, the set is working fine so I haven't a clue? I moved it last week when I decorated behind it, but you can't really go wrong putting all the cables back. I've been looking at getting a new one, that's a minefield as there's that many to choose from.

Markywhizz

Clueless member
Site Supporter
If you’ve got a Panasonic and you want to replace it I would recommend buying another Panasonic. Our telly in the living room is a Panasonic and we love it. I bought a Samsung for the bedroom and I hated it. I gave it to my son and bought another Panasonic which is also brilliant.

Fugley-fisher

If your repacement is what your after, get the best you can afford, remember big show rooms the tv's are set to maximum brightness sharpness to try and set them apart from all the other tv's normally your environment will not need those settings so tv's will appear less vivid and dare I say it a disappointment to start with, and they always seem small in a large showroom, i would do a cardboard cut out of the screen size and offer it up to your space. And I suspect while you were painting you managed to get a spot of cleaning product, paint or something on the screen then wiped off can cause this type of damage.

Yosemite Sam

Site Supporter
If you’ve got a Panasonic and you want to replace it I would recommend buying another Panasonic. Our telly in the living room is a Panasonic and we love it. I bought a Samsung for the bedroom and I hated it. I gave it to my son and bought another Panasonic which is also brilliant.
Got a job to beat a Panasonic

davylad

Site Supporter
Nah definitely nothing spilt on it, it's burnt from within. I'm not spending a fortune as there's absolutely no need to, I've done that in the past. I've got it down to two, Sony Bravia or Panasonic, both 4K and only want a 50 " screen so a bit cheaper.

chris1967

Site Supporter
Dont buy the latest all singing and dancing model ,it will be obsolete within 2 month of owning it and will be on offer for a third of what you paid for it ,look for the ones on offer.

davylad

Site Supporter
I sorted the telly out and went for a Panasonic again, the bit of info I need now is regarding Netflix etc. Would I be better off getting the premium plan, or would the basic or standard one be good enough, and what download speed would I need? I can upgrade to as much as 900Mbps, but that would obviously be over the top, what would you suggest, I presently get around 20 Mbps plus, with a 50 Gig data limit.

Fugley-fisher

Standard is ok, but Netflix premium will give you 4k content, internet wise hd streaming will chew your 50gb really fast i have 56mbs down load and can stream to 3 different tv's and mobiles and tables, would suggest if your going for 4k get unlimited downloads, 60mbs should be ok, I'm sure there are way better tech bods here that will put you right.