Team Guru fishing for Barbel on the Trent at Collingham

Dave

Red Leader
Staff member
Site Supporter
Please give it a moment to load...

DFL

I’ve yet to catch a barbel, a bit of a rarity on the Kentish Stour but that video was like watching the river equivalent of catching carp from a commie.

Arch

Site Supporter
Those 4 or 5 pegs are booked solid for 2-3 years in advance. Can't blame Collingham AA, they must make a bit on just those pegs alone. However, the pegs attract, lets say, the lower end of the fishing spectrum. The mess left is terrible. Sh1t everywhere, disposable BBQ left on the bank side. Boilie bags and food containers, that sort of thing. Not to mention the constant barrage of bait going in that the Barbel have to put up with. I've never fished there, but been a walk down a few times with my dogs. TBH, there are some belting looking pegs a little way downstream, never seen anyone down there.

Arch

Site Supporter
Peg 1 at Collingham normally wins the National if it's pegged there. 160lbs I think one time.

Northantslad

'Any indications?
Site Supporter
I’ve yet to catch a barbel, a bit of a rarity on the Kentish Stour but that video was like watching the river equivalent of catching carp from a commie.
Its not all like that mate, don't be put off(y)

Total

Site Supporter
@DFL ......Did you ever get a chance to have a go at that mysterious carp you was telling about on your river?.....The one that refused all baits etc :unsure:...Apologies if I've got you confused with someone else. (y)

DFL

@DFL ......Did you ever get a chance to have a go at that mysterious carp you was telling about on your river?.....The one that refused all baits etc :unsure:...Apologies if I've got you confused with someone else. (y)
Your memory is good, that was indeed me, I had a few attempts at the tail end of last Summer, could’nt tempt the bugger, another angler did catch it though.

Wise Owl

Disinterested Insouciant
Site Supporter
I did a night there about 5 year back with a mate, Barbel city one a chuck.