talk angling website

Status
Not open for further replies.

me

As any one been on there today? Ive just clicked to go on there and my pc will not let me and this message the full size of my screen came up

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.talkangling.co.uk has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Any one any idea what happend ?????

raggy

I'm having the same problem mate!! Says i'll get i virus if i proceed! Better not do that then lol!

DangerMouse

Which search engine are you guys who received the warning using? I`ve just tried the link and I don`t get a warning, I`m using Firefox.

Auto

Terry
Site Supporter
I tried again, and got the warning on the forum page, but none of the other pages. I'm using Firefox too.

Sam Vimes

Seems to be dependant on you anti-virus protection rather than your browser as to whether you can get on or not.

Big-Float

Morning chaps,

Official statement from Talk Angling:

Talk Angling has been subject to a persistent hacking attack over the last week which resulted in several scripts being uploaded that sent approximately 7M emails out from our server. The hackers actual goal was to upload a script that redirected visitors to the site to a malware site. This was reported to Google and it was Google that issued a malware warning against TalkAngling UK. The issue was resolved late last night so can anyone who still gets any warnings when visiting the site (please test and report) let me know by email to simon@talkangling.co.uk .... many thanks and apologies to anyone who could not access the site. I can assure everyone that all personal details and passwords are completely safe.

Simon Young
www.talkangling.co.uk

Last edited:

banksy

Life Member
Site Supporter
Thanks for that, Simon, I was getting a bit worried.

The only other time I've seen a similar warning was when I've accidentally strayed onto "art video" sites.
[8D]

rjays

Ive not been able to get on Talkangling site for 4 days now.....and still getting malware warning...I am using google chrome....and avast anti-virus....never had this problem before

andy72

this reminds me of a talk i went to by Newcastle university who were directly employed by GCHQ to track hackers. It was a federation of small business owners group and most of us are very small mirco buisnesses. A few stated that a hacker really wouldbt be interested in their website, they were too small.

The responce from the gchq guy was two fold. 1) you likely hold a lot of info about your customers, whihc canbe accessed through your website and 2) 1 machine on its own is nothing. What they do is hack into lots of single machines/sites and use them as one big server. Then you have a mega system and can send out millions of spam/malware very quickly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.